• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Optics or irons?

Anybody else tried those $30 troy wannabe's. I'll get fruit&**** thrown at me prob but the one's i got are killer, just wish they locked in tighter at up right. but love'em on my 7.5 ar . I just felt icky buying chinese for a little while.

Aimpoints with backups

IMG_0715.JPG

Both, Reflex dot that lines up with irons. Did it with an m&p2 , AWESOME just set the dot a top the pin. Really liked that set up no jiving

BOTH!

Especially if you're an older fart.

At 40 my eyesight went to crapolla. Had to get reading glasses. It's slowly worsened at 52. If the light is dim I might as well tie a stick on the end of the barrel and pull the trigger when it hits meat.

But optics change that dramatically. Just a regular scope gathers light and by itself due to magnification will do what Hayata's pics clearly reflect. In low light or no light an illuminated reticle/dot will be a game changer for us older dudes.

Murphy is alive and well in combat. I ALWAYS have a backup to a battle rifle's optics irons or polymer equivalents. Oh and I much prefer an optic with a solid mount that has a quick release for WHEN it dies, not if.

Never not allow yourself every advantage in combat if feasible.

Back
Top Bottom