• Other

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
looking into my options for TV and internet in an area with no cable access when I move. I know nothing about any of the OTHER options as I have always had cable. What do you have and what PITA issues should I expect.

That likely won't be viable. What are your internet options?

When I Google internet service to my zip, I get "several options available" then when I call, they don't offer. About the only internet service I see out there on neighbors houses is Hughes net. The older houses have AT&T wired but they don't offer that to anymore houses in the area.

DirecTV signal is okay as long as the weather is clear, but rain, clouds, etc make the signal go out. Plus, the customer service stinks and is getting worse. Long-term contract commitment, prices are high, everything is add'l cost.

if you can find a decent internet connection Hulu and Netflix would be my suggestion. That's what we're switching to first opportunity

We had cable when we lived in town. Had to go to satellite when we moved to the country. Had it turned off about 6 months ago and haven't watched tv since. Don't miss it.

I've never had cable.
We didn't have TV just watched DVD movies for about i5 years, then got the Apple TV. We already had wireless internet.

Back
Top Bottom