Default rank <200 posts Lifetime Supporter
Tracker
24   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: Original 1911 WW2 Grips for Remington Rand

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I purchased a 1911 today and need some advise. Its a 1944 US ARMY Remington Rand with Sweetheart Grips but I prefer the original factory plastic grips that came with it. I will certainly keep the sweetheart grips because they seem to be very old. If you are not familiar with Sweetheart grips they were normally made by soldiers so they could keep a picture of their wife or girlfriends near them. I have looked everywhere including eBay, ETC and cannot find any that I believe are genuine. Does anyone have any they want to let go or can you point me in the correct direction. dj

Forgive the picture, it was in terrible light and I also keep a large amount of oil on my older 1911's.

120230211_173958.jpg
22.JPG

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Those grips were once plentiful and cheap. You could find them at any gun show. If you go to the antique/militaria show that's held in Marietta (twice a year?) you may find some or find someone who can point you in the right direction.

Those grips were once plentiful and cheap. You could find them at any gun show. If you go to the antique/militaria show that's held in Marietta (twice a year?) you may find some or find someone who can point you in the right direction.
Thanks. I was hoping one of those guys would see this and let me buy some.........

Sarco has a "gun room" you can call directly. If you are looking for something specific, they are pretty helpful. Not sure where they acquired all those grips. I bet a lot were from the pistols Clinton sent to the crusher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom