• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OTF legal question

Awesome
From the link:
So, basically, you can own any kind of knife you want just so long as you keep it in on your property, in your home or car, or at your business. And up until 2017, you could carry, either open or concealed, any knife with a blade five inches or less in length. To carry a knife with a blade longer than five inches, you needed a weapons carry license.

But that changed in 2017.

The Georgia Knife Law Reform Bill, SB 49, increased the blade-length limit for carry knives from five inches to 12 inches. So, now, it's legal to carry, open or concealed, any knife with a blade 12 inches or less in length. To carry a knife with a blade longer than 12 inches, requires a weapons carry license.

Awesome
From the link:
So, basically, you can own any kind of knife you want just so long as you keep it in on your property, in your home or car, or at your business. And up until 2017, you could carry, either open or concealed, any knife with a blade five inches or less in length. To carry a knife with a blade longer than five inches, you needed a weapons carry license.

But that changed in 2017.

The Georgia Knife Law Reform Bill, SB 49, increased the blade-length limit for carry knives from five inches to 12 inches. So, now, it's legal to carry, open or concealed, any knife with a blade 12 inches or less in length. To carry a knife with a blade longer than 12 inches, requires a weapons carry license.
This^

Go to RavenCrest Tactical they have a map and the existing laws concerning your question.

Cool, I figured the law was updated I haven’t checked in almost 6years.
From one of the links I saw an OTF knife is legal and SC.
Reason I’m asking, I’m thinking of giving one to my 18 YO granddaughter.
She’s responsible, but gullible, so I wanted her to have something in case she runs into a situation she didn’t foresee. We live 6 miles from SC, so we need to know both states.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom