• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Others and your firearms\weapons choices.

Well, I'm a big fan of the original Terminator movie. So I had to get an AMT Hardballer Longslide. Still searching for the laser - :p So there's the "famous people" influence. Would love a SPAS-12 but those have gone through the stratosphere lately - I think I missed that train.

Being a wwii buff I like that era milsurps. And watching a bunch of wwii movies growing up I definitely had to get a Luger. Such a sweet shooting sexy gun! So I blame Hollywood.

I must say I never had ANY interest in S&W revolvers until I joined ODT. @JWC 's gorgeous collection of Smiths got me interested in buying a revolver or three.

I have a 91/30 and M44 but can't say I'm any kind of collector...I will say I am a big fan of the 7.62x54R cartridge though. Seems like everyone should own a mosin or two so I blame those two on alleycat alleycat .

I have to blame @Nonliberal for my venture into class III stuff. Got my two Evercore suppressors from him and really enjoy shooting with them. I also have to blame him for the rekindling of my love of .22's. Went out and bought an FVSR after shooting his rifle.

Have to blame @gmleaming for a few things. Swiss rifles and ODT so he's the biggest influence. Oh, and we did a road trip to CMP and joined the same day and so I've got all that to blame on him.

And last, but certainly not the least, I have to blame @biker13 for the opportunity to meet so many cool people at the meet & greets and swap meets! Bought an AMT Backup for my son at one of the swap meets.

Well, I'm a big fan of the original Terminator movie. So I had to get an AMT Hardballer Longslide. Still searching for the laser - :p So there's the "famous people" influence. Would love a SPAS-12 but those have gone through the stratosphere lately - I think I missed that train.

Being a wwii buff I like that era milsurps. And watching a bunch of wwii movies growing up I definitely had to get a Luger. Such a sweet shooting sexy gun! So I blame Hollywood.

I must say I never had ANY interest in S&W revolvers until I joined ODT. @JWC 's gorgeous collection of Smiths got me interested in buying a revolver or three.

I have a 91/30 and M44 but can't say I'm any kind of collector...I will say I am a big fan of the 7.62x54R cartridge though. Seems like everyone should own a mosin or two so I blame those two on alleycat alleycat .

I have to blame @Nonliberal for my venture into class III stuff. Got my two Evercore suppressors from him and really enjoy shooting with them. I also have to blame him for the rekindling of my love of .22's. Went out and bought an FVSR after shooting his rifle.

Have to blame @gmleaming for a few things. Swiss rifles and ODT so he's the biggest influence. Oh, and we did a road trip to CMP and joined the same day and so I've got all that to blame on him.

And last, but certainly not the least, I have to blame @biker13 for the opportunity to meet so many cool people at the meet & greets and swap meets! Bought an AMT Backup for my son at one of the swap meets.
Now I'm going to blame you for my soon to be purchased AMT back up :doh:

I've been a Koolaid drinker for many years, but after shooting @FrogHunter's CZ-75, the G17 will be going bye-bye as soon as CZ comes back out with the Phantom this year.

As far as influencing me to start a stamp collection....

I BLAME ALL OF YOU FOR THAT!

I never even knew I wanted a suppressor until I joined ODT and y'all told me I did! lol

I grew up listening to the war stories of great men and i wanted to be like them. There were also so many cool war movies....too numerous to mention. I loved the GI Combat, Sgt Rock, and The Haunted Tank comic books. My History teachers in school fed my curiosity about other places and times.

I love taking old things and make them function like new. Mosins were a cheap way to do that but they sure do multiply fast.

There have been many odt brothers and sisters who let me shoot their stuff and helped me to learn about 'em. Thanks to Hayata Hayata 's generosity at a cmp shoot i realized how amazing Swiss K31s shoot. I have to agree with him that i probably wouldn't have gotten into suppressors without shooting a few rounds into @Nonliberal 's telephone book back in the day.

I really thought i was squared away until @TheGman helped me to get my hands on an amazing M1a. :love:

Family,friends or even famous people .

Have they affected your guns\knives\weapons choices over the years ?
I ended up with a good bit of WWII Eastern Front stuff. That conflict wiped out nearly everyone in my family that was still in the old world. With respect to the more modern stuff, it's pretty stratified, but with the exception of here, I keep everything to myself.

Over the years I've had the opportunity to meet and deal with many members on the ODT.

That being said, I still like my Glock 19.

I typically steer away from going along with the crowd, but I agree about the G19. It just works for me.

I listen to others opinions and try to remain open minded about them. Everyone is different, though, so their tastes may be completely opposite of what I like.

Dirty Harry made me want a model 29, but I would want one regardless of the movie.

I'll probably be the first to admit that I will become more interested in a firearm after seeing it in movies. Not over the top though. A nickle 1911, thanks to Pulp Fiction. A BHP (clone) thanks to King of New York. A couple Single actions that are strikingly similar to John Waynes....

Friends, online, reviews, I take it all in but ultimately make the decision myself, save money by renting first... Not all my decisions have been good ones and I've taken hits and losses but have a nice collection of what I call "Keepers". Nothing really collectible but all fun shooters that I like a lot!

Youtube is a great influence on my gun purchases. Because I know that if I saw it on Youtube it has to be true and can't be questioned. Especially if it's a really expensive product from a video sponsor.

Back
Top Bottom