• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

&^$@#%^$!! OUCH !!

At that point he is adding a charge, seating the bullet. So how does that happen and at that angle? Maybe some type of automated press??

Alrighty then!!
Beyond me how this could happen unless this was at a commercial reloading facility and a powered press and he got his hand under the thing and at a weird angle?
at this point I ---
bs flag 2.jpg

Alrighty then!!
Beyond me how this could happen unless this was at a commercial reloading facility and a powered press and he got his hand under the thing and at a weird angle?
at this point I ---View attachment 1511009

Sticking his bugger hook in the machinery to straighten a projectile before it is seated would put his hand in "just the right spot" to do this.

Agree, it is some kind of automatic production machinery, and the operator slept during the "lockout, tagout" training.

OK, here's the scoop, have a triangle shaped gun vise, aluminum & light, several years ago while working at DOD Contractor metal shop had exact shape burned out of 1" thick plate on plasma table. Bolted the vise to plate, it also had a cut out in rear end at center to allow for 30 round mags. This was built with intention to use on cement tables at gun club to sight in at longer ranges, the heavy assed 85-100 lb steel plate was to keep the aluminum vice from moving around upon recoil, which it did like a champ, like the heavy assed champ nonetheless.
Years later it sat lonely in back yard at short sight in range and then I decided to sight in a Rife, (enter here Moison) to the 25 meter distance. Lazily instead of dragging out my trusty folding metal table, I pulled over an empty drum and lifted the vice/plate to top of drum. The recoil caused the drum to tip and I tried catching the vise, plate and Rifle from hitting the ground grabbing the plate to keep muzzle pointed down, and the front edge of the plate hit the ground with the finger under it and sheared it off like an axe hit it.

OK, here's the scoop, have a triangle shaped gun vise, aluminum & light, several years ago while working at DOD Contractor metal shop had exact shape burned out of 1" thick plate on plasma table. Bolted the vise to plate, it also had a cut out in rear end at center to allow for 30 round mags. This was built with intention to use on cement tables at gun club to sight in at longer ranges, the heavy assed 85-100 lb steel plate was to keep the aluminum vice from moving around upon recoil, which it did like a champ, like the heavy assed champ nonetheless.
Years later it sat lonely in back yard at short sight in range and then I decided to sight in a Rife, (enter here Moison) to the 25 meter distance. Lazily instead of dragging out my trusty folding metal table, I pulled over an empty drum and lifted the vice/plate to top of drum. The recoil caused the drum to tip and I tried catching the vise, plate and Rifle from hitting the ground grabbing the plate to keep muzzle pointed down, and the front edge of the plate hit the ground with the finger under it and sheared it off like an axe hit it.

www.reactiongifs.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_03_clint_ew.gif

Back
Top Bottom