• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Out of state military private transactions?

olchevy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
138   0
Reaction score
Ok quick random question that popped in my head.

You know how someone in the military with an out of state license can buy guns from an ffl as long as they are stationed within the state, well does that apply to private transactions as well.

Simply put.

Is it legal for a military member stationed within "X" state (we'll say Georgia) to buy and sell guns privately when their license says state "Y"(Let's say New York)?

Yes. The key is them having orders for this state for more than 90 days.
So is there an initial waiting period like they have to have been here for X days or is it simply I am going to be stationed here for anything over three months, where first day in said state they are free to buy and sell as they please?

Technically, you could sell to them when they receive orders as it implies intent to relocate to the State. You need only demonstrate that you are moving to a State in order to purchase a weapon there legally. I'm going back many years on this ('94?) since I read that section of code, but unless BATFE has changed the rules, thems was the rules.

Ok quick random question that popped in my head.

You know how someone in the military with an out of state license can buy guns from an ffl as long as they are stationed within the state, well does that apply to private transactions as well.

Simply put.

Is it legal for a military member stationed within "X" state (we'll say Georgia) to buy and sell guns privately when their license says state "Y"(Let's say New York)?
great question,in for answer

Back
Top Bottom