• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Out of state

What C. Jones said.

Handguns have to be shipped to an FFL dealer in YOUR state.
You can't take possession of them at the out-of-state dealer you're visiting. You can just pay for them and put them on reserve under your name, pending shipping.

For long guns that you find in another state's gun store or pawn shop, ASSUMING there are no state laws against it, from either state, you can both buy them in person and take them home with you the same day.

My cousin from NY bought (paid for, reserved) a handgun at a gun show in Georgia. He had the GA gun dealer ship it to his local New York gun shop. The NY shop charged him a fee to receive it and process the retail sale paperwork, but it was reasonable. He got the gun in NY, added onto his NY carry permit.

I haven't had to drive out of state in a while to pick up a gun but back in the day when I lived in Oklahoma we drove to Texas to buy our guns there. They sold guns everywhere except for bars. They were much cheaper there and they had the best selection. No problems, pick it out, run the check and take it home.

I haven't had to drive out of state in a while to pick up a gun but back in the day when I lived in Oklahoma we drove to Texas to buy our guns there. They sold guns everywhere except for bars. They were much cheaper there and they had the best selection. No problems, pick it out, run the check and take it home.
There was a time I bought ALL my guns in bars.

I bought multiple long guns in South Carolina while working there and walked out of the store with them after doing the normal paper work and paying. Handguns have to be shipped to your home state though. They where bought at cabelas in Greenville, I'm pretty sure they knew what they where doing.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
I think it depends upon the state. When I asked the the question in Okc. The answer was long guns only

Last time I was at PSA in Greenville, I could buy rifles and AR parts, but they couldn't sell me a stripped lower, and they said it was because I could use that lower to build a pistol, and they couldn't sell a pistol, even a lower that could become a pistol, to an out of state resident.

But I could buy a completed rifle lower, or a complete rifle, being a GA resident.

I assume that most states are the same.

keep-talking-dont-mind-me.jpg

Back
Top Bottom