• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Out of state.

Jraw1987

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
3   0
Reaction score
Curious why private trades and sales are so worried about being GA resident. Unless theres some law I'm unaware of. Thinking mainly of all those bordering GA with the same in state laws.

"the private sale of a firearm in Georgia is only legal when both parties reside in this state.

under federal law, an unlicensed (non-dealer) may only “transfer” a firearm to another unlicensed person in the same state.
This means that if a person is a resident of Georgia, federal law prohibits the person from directly (not through a dealer) selling or transferring the firearm to a resident of another state.

Gun owners can be their worse enemy..0we police ourselves. I would hate atf showing up asking why a gun i sold was used in a homicide...
It would break my heart..but im in augusta and have to screen out south carolina folks i wont do transfers,after all isnt that why were on odt

Well let me expand slightly, ive moved and lived in 3 states and bought stuff in each state, private and regular ffl. As long as I'm current are past transacrions covered?

Back
Top Bottom