• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Outdoor fireplace/Big Green Egg stand/pics updated.

This is the one you need. It's at clayton appliances. It's a XXL, supposedly only 100 made. 4500.00

Oh and I'm 6'6" and 290, the fake lobster is 18" long

Attachments

• IMG950106.jpg
    IMG950106.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 52
Stupid question maybe... Is there a special mortar used for the fireplace that is more heat resistant?
That's not a stupid question at all Sir.
There are a couple of options....Portland Cement would be the strongest of the types of cement. I prefer to use it and add dye if need be to color match. Next is the type S mortar mix. Type S will withstand use in an outdoor fireplace. You'd have to build a ridiculously large fire and it put off some serious heat for spalling to be an issue. Type N would only be used on exterior walls. I would not use it on a fireplace unless it was used to build the shell. I still prefer to use the type S in that instance anyways.
I've never had a call-back on any fireplace I've ever built using Portland and type S.
Some people will use what is called fire clay. That stuff will withstand upwards of 2500 degrees F but that is way extreme.
The price of fire clay will deter most folks.

I've been working on this for the last week in my spare time. The left side will be covered with a piece of granite or marble and my big green egg will sit down inside of it. The fireplace will be complete soon. Just got the firebox and arched opening installed. I'm going to narrow/step it in on the sides twice after I get above the mantle and overall height will be about 10'. I'll post more pics as I go. View attachment 755685View attachment 755687View attachment 755688
View attachment 755689
THAT'S AWSUM

Back
Top Bottom