• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Outdoor Range Recommendation

Tony Tedford

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
1   0
Reaction score
I am looking for an outdoor shooting range that will allow drawing from a holster, shoot and move, weapon transitions and the like. I don't want to just stand at the firing line and send rounds down an indoor range.

Maybe a good public shooting area would also do...? New to GA.

Thank you.

South River Gun Club. They have a bunch of bays you can set up however you like. I’ve been a member for years and have never been bothered out there. They only thing is check the calendar for weekend matches before you drive out there as they can get busy in the morning; afternoons on the weekends are my favorite because they’re usually dead. I’ve never been there during the week. You also have 24/7 access, just can’t shoot at night.

Precision down in Woodbury has both pistol and rifle ranges. I haven't tried the pistol as we were only shooting rifles that day. Guy that runs it was pretty cool as long as we were being safe.

True. It’s 1-1.5 hrs from me, but I usually spend a good bit of the day when I do go. I just wish it was north of Atlanta.
I'll take lunch, a cooler of drinks and comfortable camp chairs. It's sometimes family and friends, too. The great thing is that once you have one of the tactical training bays, it's all yours for as long as you want it. They all have shelter, tables and bench seating, so it's a nice set up.

Back
Top Bottom