• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Outdoor Ranges in Metro Atlanta?

NonStampCollector

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
42   0
Reaction score
Hey all, sorry if this isn't the place to put a post like this.

Does anyone know of an outdoor range in metro Atlanta? Ideally I'd like to be able to do something other than punch holes in paper at the indoor ranges near me and with the weather warming up soon, I'd like to do more things outside.

Thanks.

Although I appreciate that suggestion, Adairsville is not in metro Atlanta.

There aren't any public ranges in the metro that I'm aware of. All members only. That's really the only place you'll be able to do anything more than "punch paper".

A WMA range is nothing more than "punching paper" but outside. Still shooting on a square range.

Pony up the cash to join Riverbend or South River gun club.

Sure, I have no issues with joining a club. That's why I'm asking if there's any ranges in the area. Club membership isn't out of the question.

I guess it depends on what you consider metro. Creekside firing range just west of Cartersville Ga is an option. Easy to get to from I 75

Riverbend is in Dawsonville
South River in Covington

That's as close to "metro" as you're going to get.

Not trying to hijack your thread.

I'm curious on this one.

I've been to South River. Great facility.

I've never been to Riverbend.

I am exactly in the middle of the two ranges.

Anybody been to both ? With distance being the same, which would be the preferred choice ?

Thank you,

Not trying to hijack your thread.

I'm curious on this one.

I've been to South River. Great facility.

I've never been to Riverbend.

I am exactly in the middle of the two ranges.

Anybody been to both ? With distance being the same, which would be the preferred choice ?

Thank you,
Depends on what you're after.

If you're looking for action pistol bays... I'd say south river gets the nod. More bays and well graveled.

If you're looking for distance rifle shooting.. RBGC hands down.

RBGC has a dedicated 100yd rimfire range.. Which is nice for teaching youngsters without large caliber rifles going off right next to you.

I'd say they're about equal for shotgunning (not really my thing).

Disclaimer: I'm a member at RBGC; regularly shoot pistol matches at South River.

Depends on what you're after.

If you're looking for action pistol bays... I'd say south river gets the nod. More bays and well graveled.

If you're looking for distance rifle shooting.. RBGC hands down.

RBGC has a dedicated 100yd rimfire range.. Which is nice for teaching youngsters without large caliber rifles going off right next to you.

I'd say they're about equal for shotgunning (not really my thing).

Disclaimer: I'm a member at RBGC; regularly shoot pistol matches at South River.

Thanks Dirty J Dirty J !

Back
Top Bottom