• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Outdoor Ranges in Metro Atlanta?

I can't figure out how someone hasn't opened an outdoor range in metro Atlanta with about 30 acres the minimum space needed and land at about $251,000 per acre average cost. Seems to me like a no brainer someone could open a gold mine just by charging $25 per day to shoot outdoors. It'd only take about 301,000 range visits to pay for the land (cost of range construction, insurance and operation not considered).

Note: this post is not intended to be helpful in your search. Join River Bend.

I can't figure out how someone hasn't opened an outdoor range in metro Atlanta with about 30 acres the minimum space needed and land at about $251,000 per acre average cost. Seems to me like a no brainer someone could open a gold mine just by charging $25 per day to shoot outdoors. It'd only take about 301,000 range visits to pay for the land (cost of range construction, insurance and operation not considered).

I’m in! But screw insurance. Y’all got to sign a waiver.

You forgot the part about how it would be impossible to get the business license and permits anywhere in the Metro area.

Imagine the reaction the first time an Atlanta liberal started hearing gunfire on a regular basis.
Wait, whut? Can't be anymore uncommon than what is heard daily in the Macongo. Hell, gunfire here is like background noise. Similar to the "L" in Chicago. We got used to pausing conversation when we knew a train was coming.

Hey all, sorry if this isn't the place to put a post like this.

Does anyone know of an outdoor range in metro Atlanta? Ideally I'd like to be able to do something other than punch holes in paper at the indoor ranges near me and with the weather warming up soon, I'd like to do more things outside.

Thanks.

Basically there are none in the metro Atlanta area. If you're looking to do more than punch paper you can do bowling ball pin shoots at GA Firing Line in Marietta. Theres a lot of different competitions held at the ranges too. You can take lessons at Governors Gun Club where you can move and shoot, etc. Other than that you'll be traveling to get to outdoor range and will still likely be punching paper.

Back
Top Bottom