• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Outdoor Ranges in Metro Atlanta?

I've been to both Riverbend (Dawsonville) and South River Gun Club (Conyers).
They're huge facilities in hundereds of acres with many ranges on the property.
I have not seen "all" parts of either place.

You can visit either range to enter a match without being a member.

Can any members chime in on dues, fees, qualifications, attendance policy, etc.
I'm a member at South River. I think the current initiation fee for a membership is $500, then $300 annually for a family membership. You fill out the paperwork, get an orientation and that's it. You're a member. A major downside for me is that you can only use the rifle range by appointment and while the clubhouse is open on Wednesdays and the weekend. Trap and skeet are only available when the clubhouse is open, too. All of the pistol and tactical ranges are available to members and their guests pretty much any daylight hours.

I know River Bend has a much higher initiation fee and the membership process is much more complicated requiring sponsors and approval at a bored meeting or something. However, they do have a 600 yard rifle range. SR is only 300.

Riverbend is $300 annually for membership.

$900 initiation fee.

You do need 2 members to sign off on your application.

Go shoot their action pistol match on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Usually draws 40-50 people and you can very likely chat up some folks and get signed off. Not hard to do.

Seems like a hassle, but personally I like the idea of having folks vouch for new members. Makes sure they are upstanding citizens and safe with firearms.

Riverbend has 4 rifle ranges.

- 100 yard
- 200 yard
- 550 meter "silhouette" range with steel
- 600 yard high power range

30572E9B-46C7-461B-A3C3-D569B5B4C911.jpeg
4B972F5B-CF0F-48B0-AF88-6BEB4F13BFC4.jpeg

$900 is pretty steep for an initiation fee. I like the 600 yard range though. Any precision rifle matches? What about caliber restrictions?

$900 is pretty steep for an initiation fee. I like the 600 yard range though. Any precision rifle matches?
Initiation fee serves two purposes in my opinion... helps keep the riff raff out... AND... more importantly.. ensures that folks joining are there for the long term and not for just a year or two. The club needs steady dues to plan for maintenance/upkeep and for expansion plans. It's a club... not just a "range". It's meant to be a social thing.

They have all sorts of the rifle matches. Uspsa is my game. I dabble recreationally at distance shooting. Haven't shot any their matches before.

Check out their calendar here: http://rbgc.org/calendar/2019/2019_mar.html

Pardon the website. It's TERRIBLE! :p

$900 is pretty steep for an initiation fee. I like the 600 yard range though. Any precision rifle matches? What about caliber restrictions?
Missed the caliber part...

"super gun" are rifles with projectiles 300 grains with a muzzle velocity of 2900 FPS or greater... require a compentancy test with the chief range officer to ensure you know what you're doing and not launching projectiles off the berms and off the range property.

So... 338 Lapua.. 50bmg... Bring'm. Once you demonstrate you know what you're doing. :becky:

Yeah when I finally get some loot and snatch a M107 that's going to be a plus getting to shoot at 600. That still might be boring to some distance wise. Not trying to hijack the thread, but I'm glad for the input I've recieved.

Back
Top Bottom