• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Over retail for used pieces?

The guy who works at the shop can become an ODT’er. List the Glock for $700 obo. Set up a meeting. Bring the paperwork and the $399.99 Glock to the Cracker Barrel parking lot. Maybe even come in the Cracker Barrel for an Uncle Hershel’s breakfast and some story swapping. Let another ODT’er talk him down to $550 plus the Cracker Barrel tab. All of this is legitimate, right?

So, which drives a higher premium: Stipple before or after custom ceracote?
That depends on what kind of SOLDERING IRON TIP is used, how big it is and how steady the hand that 'stippled' it is. :0). IMO, if you can't even hold onto a normal gun then 'stippling' isn't gonna help you.

That depends on what kind of SOLDERING IRON TIP is used, how big it is and how steady the hand that 'stippled' it is. :0). IMO, if you can't even hold onto a normal gun then 'stippling' isn't gonna help you.

I never found most modern guns to not have adequate grip from the factory... Hell, some feel like a cheese grater on my love handle when carrying, so I smooth it out a bit.

Is custom stippling really still a thing? Are 9mm handguns providing so much recoil that one cannot hang onto it?

Or is it more based on some mall ninja imagining an extended gun battle, hands slick with the blood of his many enemies as he saves the day?

With how bad some on here like to lowball you kind of have to ask high to have enough room to come down. I usually look for the lowest buy it now price on gunbroker as a starting point.

I'm new to this forum but not to the gun world. I am definitely not trying to stir up controversy either, but I need to know. I see many traders and sellers asking for well over retail for used, common guns. I can see if you have a sought after piece, or a rare or discontinued/sold out unit, but 700 for a Glock 17 gen 5 non mos.? (not this forum). Sandy Springs gun shop on Roswell has one for 399.99. Same for trade value. That Glock is not worth 700 trade, that an Sig P226 value. Its really just false inflation. Or, am I not getting the point. Just asking, help me learn.
I love those posts. I don’t get a newspaper anymore so those are my comic section for the day. :spit:

With how bad some on here like to lowball you kind of have to ask high to have enough room to come down. I usually look for the lowest buy it now price on gunbroker as a starting point.

Yeah, I head over to GA Gun Store's website and see what they sell them for, to determine if its worth buying used here, or new there...

Back
Top Bottom