• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Over retail for used pieces?

A30CED4E-CCC6-4A1C-AA9B-FFCE1FEB121C.png

I'm new to this forum but not to the gun world. I am definitely not trying to stir up controversy either, but I need to know. I see many traders and sellers asking for well over retail for used, common guns. I can see if you have a sought after piece, or a rare or discontinued/sold out unit, but 700 for a Glock 17 gen 5 non mos.? (not this forum). Sandy Springs gun shop on Roswell has one for 399.99. Same for trade value. That Glock is not worth 700 trade, that a Sig P226 value. Its really just false inflation. Or, am I not getting the point. Just asking, help me learn.
some Glocks are worth a mint on here. They have tweaked out custom ceracote aftermarket jobs, Sometimes even have the 25 cent trigger job already done by one of our own professional gun smiffs......Other times it's hard to explain the reason for the price being completely insane but a good rule of thumb that it may have something really special that you would hate to miss is usually hinted to by the statement it's going back in the safe if you don't hurry up and take it...sometimes you might miss these jewels by mere minutes.......welcome to the ODT.

some Glocks are worth a mint on here. They have tweaked out custom ceracote aftermarket jobs, Sometimes even have the 25 cent trigger job already done by one of our own professional gun smiffs......Other times it's hard to explain the reason for the price being completely insane but a good rule of thumb that it may have something really special that you would hate to miss is usually hinted to by the statement it's going back in the safe if you don't hurry up and take it...sometimes you might miss these jewels by mere minutes.......welcome to the ODT.
So, which drives a higher premium: Stipple before or after custom ceracote?

OP,
No rhyme or reason on pricing. People just price. Some good, some ridiculous and some just pull them out of their buttocks. As some said, sometimes the ‘Dealer’ listings are the best place to start, LOL.

That being said, all that I have bought, sold or traded with have been good folks. It’s like panning for gold, lots of dirt and silt to get to the nuggets.

So, which drives a higher premium: Stipple before or after custom ceracote?
usually the custom stipple is more after the custom cerakote because the custom cerakote is a very tough finish worth more than the gun costs to start with so thats why the price is so high......plus the cerakote applier is frequently high also when posting his asking price.

usually the custom stipple is more after the custom cerakote because the custom cerakote is a very tough finish worth more than the gun costs to start with so thats why the price is so high......plus the cerakote applier is frequently high also when posting his asking price.
I buy NOTHING that has been stippled OR Cerakoted, frankly. Original finish, possibly a very good reblueing job is all. Over rated, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom