• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Over the top bubba'd Enfield Mk III BSA

wade5290

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
So...been going thru the old man's firearm collection. Ran across this "beauty". He got it in Alaska so it's whatever the Alaska version of "bubba'd" is. Long story short - anyone have any idea of the value/worth of such a monstrosity? I don't even know where to begin (and I consider myself a fair hand at judging milsurp worth). If anyone has a clue - I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Enfield Mk IIIa.jpg
Enfield Mk IIIb.jpg
Enfield Mk IIIc.jpg
Enfield Mk IIId.jpg

I’d give you a law ball of $100 just for it’s uniqueness(mosin and Mauser are my thing). however some folks pay decent money for bubba jobs that operate properly to hunt with or look special on the wall.

Barrel hasn't been messed with, its restorable. I see 'sold out of service' markings..any shots of other markings on the receiver and knoxform? Markings on these rifles tell lots of stories, and can affect value.

The band around the stock above and behind the trigger guard--
that's been welded to the trigger guard, right?
Originally it was held with a bolt?
And that band is an integral part of the rifle's receiver isn't it?

If so, I would say this one has been ruined as a collectors item. It would not be worth restoring it. I'd say it's worth $200 as a curiosity and a big game hunting rifle for the woods where you don't expect a long-range shot.

Since the receiver has been ruined already, maybe this would be a good rifle to drill and tap for a scope mount, perhaps an offset mount on the side of the receiver.

Or, if you're willing to ruin any collectors value of the barrel itself, weld a scope base to it and mount a L.E.R. scope forward of the action to create a "scout rifle."

While crude that's actually a pretty darn smart modification for a bush gun for Alaska. If you are out in 20 below, things are icy and you are wearing very thick gloves, that extra grip provided by those deep grooves would be a huge help. Yes, makes me cringe to see it but as a bush gun it makes complete sense.

Just like any other bubba rifle $150 or less. If restorable the high side of that. But hell even at $100 it would take just about more money to restore then it would to buy a complet nice example.

Back
Top Bottom