• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Overgassed ? Looking for a second opinion.

fleebag

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
18   0
Reaction score
So running my ar pistol, psa bcg and lpk psa 8.5"

I started with 30 in mag, ran charging handle and fired. Press trigger a second time and it almost feels like it didn't reset, run handle again and live round comes out press trigger and it fires rinse repeat

Edit for clarity because I cant figure out how to describe

Put one round in the mag to see if it locks back on empty.
Over gassed you may need a heavy buffer.
Under gassed check gas block installation, gas tube.
Try different ammo like AE or Fiocci

I would try different ammo. You are testing with ammo that is over 25 years old. Also the Norinco ammo may be corrosive in spite of what the box says. The Chinese don't adhere to anything close to truth in advertising. I rusted up a gun with Norinco non-corrosive .223

Put one round in the mag to see if it locks back on empty.
Over gassed you may need a heavy buffer.
Under gassed check gas block installation, gas tube.
Try different ammo like AE or Fiocci
It is locking back, but it's also ejecting 45° to far forward. Will test with different ammo soon as well. I'm pretty confident it's not the ammo as it runs in my other 5.56 stuff fine and it's only every other one.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I would try different ammo. You are testing with ammo that is over 25 years old. Also the Norinco ammo may be corrosive in spite of what the box says. The Chinese don't adhere to anything close to truth in advertising. I rusted up a gun with Norinco non-corrosive .223
Yeah, I am going to run other stuff in it too just to be sure but I ran 2 types of pmc also with the same results.

Is it a free float upper or does it have the A2 front sight? I remember reading a thread on here that PSA does not dimple the barrels for the low profile gas blocks on the free float uppers, and the gas block will move off the gas port.

Is it a free float upper or does it have the A2 front sight? I remember reading a thread on here that PSA does not dimple the barrels for the low profile gas blocks on the free float uppers, and the gas block will move off the gas port.
Its free floated. It's ejecting like its overgassed but not firing the 2nd round in the sequence, so I wouldn't think it's off the port.

Back
Top Bottom