• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OWB Open Carry opinions..............

Crazyak2003

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
62   0
Reaction score
I see people carrying all the time that I know are not law enforcement but don't know well enough to ask their experiences with doing so. I know in Georgia it is a little more accepted but wasn't real sure what the legality or probability of being confronted while doing so is.

I do prefer Concealed Carry but have often seen and wondered this. I'm always so concerned with the possibility of someone noticing that I'm carrying and was just wondering and thinking maybe I shouldn't be so concerned.

Its perfectly legal to open carry with a GWL....i would be prepared for encounters tho...citizens love to call in MWAG to LE...sometimes i carry OWB which is super comfortable, but never openly unless i'm at the range or hunting.

Depending on where you are in the state, it may or may not bring strange looks. In Cartersville, I would say it might bring some unwanted attention.

Depends on what you mean by confronted. If you are legal (GFL) then why would worry? I very rarely OC but I do at times. Never had a problem.

Consider that there are a lot of scared people out there that might be terrified of seeing a civilian walking around with a gun exposed. "Confronted," in this case doesn't imply LEO, but a random citizen who freaks out thinking the OC'er is a criminal.

Why would a criminal OC? By freaking out what action have they taken? If they ask if I have a permit I would tell them I do but am I required to show them? If they call LEO I probably won"t be there because I probably will be through with my business and leave. If they try to hold me there or try to take weapon then they have violated my rights.

Last edited:
I have open carried for about a year off and on and have never been confronted by anyone, pro or anti gun. Never heard of a MWAG call either. These are totally overblown concerns IMO. Carry how you want to carry, its your right.

This is all around Atlanta, Alpharetta, Roswell, Cobb etc. Not the most pro-gun places i. GA.

Tactically stupid in most urban environments... great way to attract negative attention at best and good way to get shot first during an armed robbery or ambushed in the parking lot (from behind unless you have eyes in the back of your head) by someone who wants to take your gun.
Why give up the important advantage of surprise?

Tactically stupid in most urban environments... great way to attract negative attention at best and good way to get shot first during an armed robbery or ambushed in the parking lot (from behind unless you have eyes in the back of your head) by someone who wants to take your gun.
I agree........what you SEE is not always what you will GET!!

i agree. but this argument never settles anything. i call them provokers. let me get my helmet. lol

Back
Top Bottom