• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OWB Open Carry opinions..............

He said, "Yes it is a deterrent, it deters a criminal from robbing one location so they can move to the next location with no resistance and if they face resistance a second time, it's likely to end worse than the first robbery attempt would have ended."

works for me... so long as my family is safe and secure... everyone else can take care of their own. I dont carry a gun to protect anybody else but me and my loved ones... maybe a couple friends.. but they carry guns too so they should be fine.

Luke, don't be naive. We all push our beliefs on other people. The degree and dosage may vary, but we all do it. It's part of being a human when we feel as if our way is right. Yes, I feel as if CC'ing is the most tactically advantageous method and can't find any reason other than "Yep, it's your right" to support it. Again, there is a specific reason that 99.9% of your firearms training facilities promote concealed carry and NOT open carry.

Like I said, it's Westboro Baptist Church's right to protest the funerals of dead soldiers, but is it wise to execute that right (1st amendment)?

LOLOLOL this is such an awesome quote, I really think everyone should read it again. Maybe I am being naive, but...

Despite your opinion, most people DON'T feel the need to push their beliefs on others. Most people are content with a "live and let live" attitude about anything that doesnt affect them directly. Find one post where I have said anything remotely close to "OC is better than CC" anywhere on this forum. I have said time and again that I do what works best for me and thats that.

The problem is you feel OC affects you directly and it does not. We have said time and again that when we OC, we don't get berated, or harassed, or questioned, or weird looks, or MWAG calls, or any of the other negative stereotypes you are pushing on other people about OC. We have also said over and over again that we don't do it for the "badass" factor, or to show off, or for a fashion statement, or because we want to push our beliefs on others via outward support of the 2nd Amendment, or any of the other reasons you feel are the "only" reasons a person would OC. The whole "anti-gun people vote too" argument has been played out so far I find it pretty funny now; if anti-gun people vote to ban open carry they will vote to ban open carry. If that happened I would take it as an attack on my personal freedoms, and you would take it as a victory for the tactically advantageous. Do you see the irony here?

SO, in closing, thanks for the insight into your opinion, now feel free to go push your beliefs on someone else.

Last edited:
We have also said over and over again that we don't do it for the "badass" factor, or to show off, or for a fashion statement, or because we want to push our beliefs on others via outward support of the 2nd Amendment, or any of the other reasons you feel are the "only" reasons a person would OC.

Then why? Seriously.

Yes I have. One basic handgun class required in order to shoot at the range on Ft. Gordon. Other than that all of my training has been in the military.

Regarding your last question, here is the best way I can sum it up, thanks Luke for the quote:

While there are a few out there that display the attitude that you describe, most of the people that I know are like me, they open carry, when they open carry because it fits their dress and the comfort leven that they are looking for. When they build a 1911 that will shrink to pocket size and expand to normal when I pull it out, then I will carry concealed all the time.

Luke

i know i'd love to see a youtube video where one of those jerk prevokers gets smashed in the mouth after saying"ami i being detained?" pisses me off.

Back
Top Bottom