• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OWB Open Carry opinions..............

SO, in closing, thanks for the insight into your opinion, now feel free to go push your beliefs on someone else.

I can certainly appreciate your view. I will try to alleviate the "push" factor because in the end, it's better to be armed than not.

Will you answer post #178

Was this class given by a licensed, professional firearms instructor?

Ummmm, of course it as. We didnt have Barney Fife up there showing us his version of firearms safety.

Which is probably the answer to your next question: it was a class on handgun safety, used as a baseline for shooting at the base range. It was geared towards someone who has no idea how a handgun operates.

I see where youre going with this. I also see that you refuse to even acknowledge the answer to your original question of "Then why?" I guess my answer wasnt good enough for you.

For Dunkel and JSquared.

Have either of you had any formal firearms training from anyone in the private sector?

All military, as I have stated before.

I'm sure you have some twisted logic as to why that's applicable here. Red herring much? Guess your hard evidence you posted didn't work out for you. I'll check back in later to see if you've come up with anything. Until then, I'm out.

Ummmm, of course it as. We didnt have Barney Fife up there showing us his version of firearms safety.

So no training on "most desirable" carry options, etc? After putting yours, Dunkel's and Luke's qualifications together over previous postings, I understand now why you 3 are so adamant about open carry. LE and Military training is great for LE and military exercises, however, the LE and military does not teach "concealed carry". The rules in the private sector are not the same and a couple of instructors I know even mention that it can be tough to defensively retrain (tactically) former LE or USMIL as they have been taught from a completely different angle. And yes, there are MANY LE/MIL that need retraining because a large portion of LE (specifically) go to a range once per year to qualify with 40-50 rounds and then never hold a weapon at any other time.

I guess it's safe to say that we can't debate this any longer and as I said, I respect your right to open carry. I just wish (to the point of sounding pushy) that the private firearms community would adopt the gray mindset more than we currently do. I believe that if most OC advocates would seek some in depth tactical/defensive training that you would probably feel different afterward, but of course that is my opinion.

It is not wrong for you to open carry, rather I see it as your comfort zone due to LE/MIL training.

Anyway, I am conceding. Thanks, it's been entertaining.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom