• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OWB Open Carry opinions..............

Guess your hard evidence you posted didn't work out for you. I'll check back in later to see if you've come up with anything. Until then, I'm out.

I quoted the story to you directly as my instructor quoted it to me. I don't have the desire to go through the verification process because you would find a way to weasel out with more antics. If you doubt the story, feel free to call the Waffle House corporate office and verify. I highly trust this individual based on his credentials.

So no training on "most desirable" carry options, etc? After putting yours, Dunkel's and Luke's qualifications together over previous postings, I understand now why you 3 are so adamant about open carry. LE and Military training is great for LE and military exercises, however, the LE and military does not teach "concealed carry". The rules in the private sector are not the same and a couple of instructors I know even mention that it can be tough to defensively retrain (tactically) former LE or USMIL as they have been taught from a completely different angle. And yes, there are MANY LE/MIL that need retraining because a large portion of LE (specifically) go to a range once per year to qualify with 40-50 rounds and then never hold a weapon at any other time.

I guess it's safe to say that we can't debate this any longer and as I said, I respect your right to open carry. I just wish (to the point of sounding pushy) that the private firearms community would adopt the gray mindset more than we currently do. I believe that if most OC advocates would seek some in depth tactical/defensive training that you would probably feel different afterward, but of course that is my opinion.

It is not wrong for you to open carry, rather I see it as your comfort zone due to LE/MIL training.

Anyway, I am conceding. Thanks, it's been entertaining.

I am not adamant about open carry at all, where are you even getting this? I feel like a broken record here.

"Live and let live"

I am not adamant about open carry at all, where are you even getting this? I feel like a broken record here.

"Live and let live"

I based it on your previous postings regarding open carry. Unless I am reading it wrong, you advocate and are adamant about open carry.

I quoted the story to you directly as my instructor quoted it to me. I don't have the desire to go through the verification process because you would find a way to weasel out with more antics. If you doubt the story, feel free to call the Waffle House corporate office and verify. I highly trust this individual based on his credentials.

Of course...you trust those in authority without a need for verification, as you said. That may be an acceptable way to live your life, but it's not for me.

The only weaseling done here has been by you with all your what ifs and hypotheticals and logical fallacies. And when you did finally submit something approaching real evidence, it seems that someone, somewhere, at some point in the telling and retelling got a few major details wrong.

But you have already conceded, so I guess this is pointless. Thanks.

Of course...you trust those in authority without a need for verification, as you said. That may be an acceptable way to live your life, but it's not for me.

The only weaseling done here has been by you with all your what ifs and hypotheticals and logical fallacies. And when you did finally submit something approaching real evidence, it seems that someone, somewhere, at some point in the telling and retelling got a few major details wrong.

But you have already conceded, so I guess this is pointless. Thanks.

Are you going to answer my question in regards to any firearms training from the private sector?

I based it on your previous postings regarding open carry. Unless I am reading it wrong, you advocate and are adamant about open carry.

I advocate people carrying however they are comfortable, as it is their right. if anything, i am adamant about the right to carry, but beyond that the choice is yours. I really dont know where you got this from, every post I have written in this topic and others has always been about what is best for me, YMMV.

CCW people are tactically smart, do not draw attention, and have a better chance of retaining a weapon due to it being somewhat closer to the body. OC draws attention, becomes a target, become too complacent, and probably couldn't retain the weapon in a struggle, mainly because wrong holster or only a level 1. this is just my opinion...no questions to answer....it all boils down to saftey...and safety is one key that the main people who are arguing in here are not mentioning...I'm tapping out.

Back
Top Bottom