• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OWB Open Carry opinions..............

CCW people are tactically smart, do not draw attention, and have a better chance of retaining a weapon due to it being somewhat closer to the body. OC draws attention, becomes a target, become too complacent, and probably couldn't retain the weapon in a struggle, mainly because wrong holster or only a level 1. this is just my opinion...no questions to answer....it all boils down to saftey...and safety is one key that the main people who are arguing in here are not mentioning...I'm tapping out.

I often wonder if people who OC without formal defensive firearms training ever realize that not every defensive situation calls for a firearm. I'd hate to be in a hand to hand with a BG and be worried about my OC weapons retention.

Do you guys that OC at least use a Level II or higher retention holster?

CCW people are tactically smart, do not draw attention, and have a better chance of retaining a weapon due to it being somewhat closer to the body. OC draws attention, becomes a target, become too complacent, and probably couldn't retain the weapon in a struggle, mainly because wrong holster or only a level 1. this is just my opinion...no questions to answer....it all boils down to saftey...and safety is one key that the main people who are arguing in here are not mentioning...I'm tapping out.

if you are safety conscious... you will need to sign a waiver before coming up to camp and shoot with me and trout. (read flaming propane tank and diesel/oil) haha

I would be embarrassed for Dunkel.

i would feel embarrased for anyone that felt it necessary to go out of one's way to prove any point.

and then I would feel embarrased for me feeling embarrased because I really shouldnt have cared in the first place what other people do.

Exactly, that is why I said YOU are adamant about open carry.

Im not even adamant about open carry for me. I switch between different carry styles depending on what Im wearing, like I have said probably half a dozen times in this thread alone. If I was adamant about open carry, even just for me personally, don't you think I would open carry all the time? That is kind of a requisite to being adamant about something. Like I said I really don't know where you are getting this, it seems like you are making things up just to argue against them.

ike I said I really don't know where you are getting this, it seems like you are making things up just to argue against them.

Because you are one of the 3 or 4 that debates this issue every time it arises. You appear adamant. Again, you carry as you wish and at least you carry. If you are going to carry for defensive purposes, I still suggest you seek professional defensive/tactical training from an instructor in the private sector, which is now where you reside. Basic handgun safety is good and all, but in defensive training, you learn much more than muzzle and finger discipline. Just a suggestion though.

Still waiting on Dunkel to reply about his private sector defensive firearms training, but I think he had a call to go on or something, maybe.

Last edited:
what would you guys think if they banned oc?

Id be mad. I open carry sometimes. I get tired of those stupid little degree flakes getting all over my gun. If someone sees my gun then goes off and robs someone else , thats not my problem. I C/C 98% of the time. If im sitting a in a booth eatting then I will unvail my pistol. I dont really care to walk around with it open on my hip though.

Back
Top Bottom