• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OWB Open Carry opinions..............

I was actually just talking to someone during a trade last week and he recommended Monty's courses very highly, have been looking into taking his basic course soon if time and schedule allows. Either that, or taking one at the local range, although I am a little hesitant about that since they all seem to start with the very basic basic stuff and I would hate to pay $200-250 for the basic and intermediate classes just to learn at the same pace as someone who doesnt shoot regularly or even own firearms. Will have to look into their criteria for skipping the basic course and going straight to the intermediate ones. Check out these descriptions and the pre-reqs:

http://www.sandyspringsshootingrange.com/default.aspx?categ=training2

In order to take the "Intermediate Two - Personal Protection away from Home" class I would have to take the Basic and Intermediate handgun courses. WHile Im sure they would be useful and I would learn a thing or three, I just don't think they would be worth the price vs. the knowledge I would gain. SO, I have been looking elsewhere, trying to find a course that is designed around defensive pistol and CCW techniques specifically.

Trust me, you will get gobs more applicable info in Monte's class than you will at any other basic defensive pistol class. Just look at the course outline that Monte offers for $300 and then look at what others offer for $400

No comparison and NIGHT and DAY differences. You really should take it.

I face the door. Im not going to go out of my way to be "tactical" when im out to eat with the girlfriend. If all they have is a booth then im sitting there. Ill face the door and look for an exit. Thats as far as im taking it.

but booths mean you can only exit from one direction in most cases.. unlike a chair where you can exit from either way and simply stand up quickly to knock the chair out of the way and quickly ninja roll behind the overturned table that will stop all the bullets.

j/k .. being "tactical" was a running theme of this thread... i figured i could make **** up too. lol

Back
Top Bottom