• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OWB Open Carry opinions..............

but booths mean you can only exit from one direction in most cases.. unlike a chair where you can exit from either way and simply stand up quickly to knock the chair out of the way and quickly ninja roll behind the overturned table that will stop all the bullets.

j/k .. being "tactical" was a running theme of this thread... i figured i could make **** up too. lol

I hear ya. Im 6'1 230lbs, ill find an exit! Even if I have to make one.

CCW, couple things to catch up here.

First, I worked last night and needed a nap. I'm not here to post on your schedule.

Second, yes what ifs and hypotheticals are important. But even those are based on real world stuff. Scenarios I have had in training and scenarios I present students I train are all at least partially on something that's actually happened. And more importantly, all the treatments we use are based on extensive research, experience, and real world data.

That is in stark contrast to the arguments you have presented...all opinion, appeals to authority, and what ifs...with no data, no personal experiences, no research. Which is fine...there might just not be that much out there to draw on. Maybe opinions are all we have...fine. At best, for your argument, the evidence is inconclusive. At best. Considering that, all we can do is try to incorporate what little there is into our own reasoning and come up with with something that makes sense to us. You have concluded that OC is dangerous...I and many other OCers have come to a different conclusion. Your arrogance and conviction in the idea that you are right and we are wrong is simply not supported by the facts.

Third, put me in a room with whomever you wish...if he has an "expert opinion", I'm going to ask for evidence. If he cannot provide any, I am probably not going to think much of that opinion. If he cites a story to support his view and he gets major details wrong or is overly speculative in his conclusion based on that story, I'm going to be skeptical.

Fourth, I answered the question about training.

Fifth, more important than booth or table is situational awareness. I prefer a table, to have my back against a wall, with a clear view of all entries and exits. But I can make a booth work, I think.

CCW people are tactically smart, do not draw attention, and have a better chance of retaining a weapon due to it being somewhat closer to the body. OC draws attention, becomes a target, become too complacent, and probably couldn't retain the weapon in a struggle, mainly because wrong holster or only a level 1. this is just my opinion...no questions to answer....it all boils down to saftey...and safety is one key that the main people who are arguing in here are not mentioning...I'm tapping out.

Painting with a pretty large brush there. "CCW people" and "OC people" are two pretty big groups and there is plenty of variation with those groups. Some probably fit the descriptions you give exactly...but it's disingenuous to suggest that ALL CCW people are anything or that ALL OC people are anything.

Back
Top Bottom