• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OWB Open Carry opinions..............

Fourth, I answered the question about training.

I must have overlooked it, you said military only. I understand why you are so defensive now about your method being OC. It's because you do not have any formal defensive training in civilization.

I once had this imaginary illusion that I was also tactically sound and had a smooth advantage.

Second, yes what ifs and hypotheticals are important. But even those are based on real world stuff.

My point exactly but you are willing to defend yours in the medical arena and we are not allowed to defend ours in the tactical community without "written" statistics.

My point exactly but you are willing to defend yours in the medical arena and we are not allowed to defend ours in the tactical community.

As I said, medicine is based on evidence. Extensive research is done for just about every procedure and drug and everything else we do. Even the "what ifs" in our training scenarios are based on real life events.

This is NOT the same as what you're asking us to swallow here and I'm sure you're well aware of that. You have presented no real world date, no research, nothing. Everyone can see that. You did attempt it, which was commendable, but it turned out that even that attempt was basically just another appeal to authority...oh, some instructor told me this story and I believe him, therefore my position is right.

Quit being so intellectually dishonest here and admit what your position really is. It's opinion and hypotheticals and that's it. As I said, that's ok...just admit it. Say it..."I don't have any real world evidence, but based on my reasoning and expert opinions, this is my conclusion, so I choose to CC".

Painting with a pretty large brush there. "CCW people" and "OC people" are two pretty big groups and there is plenty of variation with those groups. Some probably fit the descriptions you give exactly...but it's disingenuous to suggest that ALL CCW people are anything or that ALL OC people are anything.

not really...the only oc's I ever see in public are usually first time gun owners...or mullet sportin' folks with a sleeveless race shirt....by the way...that would be based on factual visual evidence that I have seen....:heh:

not really...the only oc's I ever see in public are usually first time gun owners...or mullet sportin' folks with a sleeveless race shirt....by the way...that would be based on factual visual evidence that I have seen....:heh:

Considering where you work, I would imagine that has a lot to do with who's available for you to sample.

As I said, medicine is based on evidence. Extensive research is done for just about every procedure and drug and everything else we do. Even the "what ifs" in our training scenarios are based on real life events.

So you have factual data that shows how many people live after being shocked with a defibrillator? What is the data on how many people die after being shot with their own weapon?

I was able to find factual data of those who open carry getting killed with their own weapons and I was unable to find any data to support concealed carriers getting killed with their own weapon.

Last edited:
I must have overlooked it, you said military only. I understand why you are so defensive now about your method being OC. It's because you do not have any formal defensive training in civilization.

I once had this imaginary illusion that I was also tactically sound and had a smooth advantage.

[Broken External Image]:

Hm, if I can't provide factual evidence to support my own position, at least I can try to discredit the other guy...

so that puts me where?
A. I dont like nascar
B. I have never worn a mullet, fake or real
C. The only sleeveless shirt I own is a wife beater and that goes under another shirt
D. I dress daily in neatly pressed khaki pants or dress slacks with either a tucked in polo or button down dress shirt with or preferably without a tie
E. I am always well manicured and you will not see a day old beard/stubble unless I just came out of the woods from a camping trip.
F. I look fuc*ing fantastic everyday of my life

What say you cop? How does that fit with your stereotype? Dont you have a mexican somewhere to beat down while screaming white power?

next time we hang out... and i am duel wielding OC with ripped jean shorts and fake mullet... just to embarras you

Back
Top Bottom