Owner Crashes Ford GT, Because He's "Unfamiliar" with Manual Trans

Stampede

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Just my rifle, my pony and me.
53   0
Reaction score
What a shame - these are awesome cars.

Can you drive a manual trans?

A 2006 Ford GT owner in Boca Raton, Florida crashed his recently purchased supercar into a tree Friday evening, because he was "unfamiliar with how to drive stick shift," police say.

The driver, 50-year-old Robert J. Guarini, told police he lost control after downshifting while leaving his housing development at around 6 p.m. This led to a head-on collision with a palm tree. Guarini then told a nearby security worker that he did not have his phone and needed a ride back to his house, where he spoke to police via landline after leaving the vehicle unattended, police say.

1651617838574.png

Having a pretty high performance car I missed a shift from 3 to 4th and slapped it instead back into second…. Gear pattern is super tight and it locked the back end up…

Can you drive a manual trans?

A 2006 Ford GT owner in Boca Raton, Florida crashed his recently purchased supercar into a tree Friday evening, because he was "unfamiliar with how to drive stick shift," police say.

The driver, 50-year-old Robert J. Guarini, told police he lost control after downshifting while leaving his housing development at around 6 p.m. This led to a head-on collision with a palm tree. Guarini then told a nearby security worker that he did not have his phone and needed a ride back to his house, where he spoke to police via landline after leaving the vehicle unattended, police say.

View attachment 4251828
IMO, he'd been under the influence, left the car to get home, chug a coupla beers to calm his nervesand THEN call the PoPo, and if they ask him if he'd been drinking then he had his story - after the crash...

Back
Top Bottom