• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Owner Crashes Ford GT, Because He's "Unfamiliar" with Manual Trans

Could be....
I think that IF I'd been drinking and was in a crash near my home that I'd much rather tell the police (and my insurance company) I was unfamiliar with a manual transmission than have to deal with a DUI, insurance refusal, legal penalties, etc.... you come off sounding like a puss (at 50 who can't drive a stick) but one that can sleep in his bed and not at some lockup waiting to get bailed out.... :0)

More money than brains ! Must be a former Buckhead resident. I remodeled a house on Lake Spivey in the early ‘90’s for a guy. Had a 1990 Viper. He drove it once ! Scared the pees out of him. I put 11,000 miles on that car in 17 months !

What a shame - these are awesome cars.

Can you drive a manual trans?

A 2006 Ford GT owner in Boca Raton, Florida crashed his recently purchased supercar into a tree Friday evening, because he was "unfamiliar with how to drive stick shift," police say.

The driver, 50-year-old Robert J. Guarini, told police he lost control after downshifting while leaving his housing development at around 6 p.m. This led to a head-on collision with a palm tree. Guarini then told a nearby security worker that he did not have his phone and needed a ride back to his house, where he spoke to police via landline after leaving the vehicle unattended, police say.

View attachment 4251828
May be the homo was wearing flip flops!

Back
Top Bottom