• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

P2000 vs vp9

jdav

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
Im wanting to try out an HK. I’m looking at the P2000sk in 9mm & VP9sk.
Looking into the Law Enforcement model on both.

What are the pro’s & con’s?

Had both . The P2000 is a fine pistol to a point. It was the middle ground and kick start to HK moving on to the P30 type pistols. US customs and Border Patrol are issued HK P2000. Lets just say they are not all the way happy with them. They do have some issues when it comes to some of the abuses the UCBP has put on them. Granted the VP9 has its shortcomings too. I never cared for the open firing pin channel. I resolved that issue with my VP9. If I could only pick one it would be the VP9 all day. By far the best striker fired handgun for the money. I have one of the first 1,300 in country. I paid a lot but it was worth it.

sovietak474u sovietak474u
Thanks... I may start looking for a used vp9sk with a used price.
Have you put hands on one yet? Its nice but my hands are too big. There are plenty of used VP9s around. It uses full size p30 mags which is nice. There are a lot more options with the VP9 full size and its not all that large so you can hide it on your person .

I handle both at the NRA convention back in April & a vp9sk in a lgs recently. All of the HK’s seem thicker than comparable Glocks or Sig’s. I don’t like the thickness of an HK for concealment but because I have longer fingers the trigger hits the pad of my finger just right. I’m open to either but concealment was a priority.

I handle both at the NRA convention back in April & a vp9sk in a lgs recently. All of the HK’s seem thicker than comparable Glasscocks or Sig’s. I don’t like the thickness of an HK for concealment but because I have longer fingers the trigger hits the pad of my finger just right. I’m open to either but concealment was a priority.
Agreed they are fat little jokers. If you put hands on the VP9SK and felt good with it then id go with that.

Had both . The P2000 is a fine pistol to a point. It was the middle ground and kick start to HK moving on to the P30 type pistols. US customs and Border Patrol are issued HK P2000. Lets just say they are not all the way happy with them. They do have some issues when it comes to some of the abuses the UCBP has put on them. Granted the VP9 has its shortcomings too. I never cared for the open firing pin channel. I resolved that issue with my VP9. If I could only pick one it would be the VP9 all day. By far the best striker fired handgun for the money. I have one of the first 1,300 in country. I paid a lot but it was worth it.
I’ll second that the VP9 is a great weapon, it becomes awesome after Larry at Grays Gun works his magic .Well worth the $$$

tried them both, i personally like the p2000 more but thats becuase its closer to the usp whcih i also prefer. i just dont like the grip on the vp9 or its walther clone the ppq. great guns either way though

Back
Top Bottom