• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

P365 XL

20191012_142601.jpg
Yeah. The finish is not uniform at all. The guy on the Military Arms Channel (senior moment, can't think of his name) had his slide rust in spots after having it a short time. My son had planned to have it cerakoted so he's not concerned, but IMO, it's poor finish quality.

Here's the other side.

I would call SIG. That's a QC issue and like you say, will probably rust out. I don't have a pic of mine handy, but the finish is a deep black and perfectly even.

That's the 1st I have heard about a problem with the metal coating/treatment.

I had read reviews about the slide failing to fully seat. That sounds like some lube and break in would solve that issue.

My regular 365 didn't go into battery a few times when I was dry firing at the very beginning. I think once or twice it may have not gone all the way forward when I loaded it by 'slingshotting' the slide rather than using the slide release as well.

That was definitely more of a break in issue though. It hasn't done anything like that after the first one or two range sessions and a cleaning. Come to think of it I never had any issues at all with the XL... maybe the larger slide helps out there, or maybe the slide was just a bit more polished from the factory.

I have the 365... And I am currently looking for a used XL.

I did have a slight problem with my 365 sights rusting the first time I carried it, but they haven't done it since

Every pistol I have ever carried rusted on the slide from my belly sweat. Never affected where the bullet went.

Back
Top Bottom