• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

packable rods/multi piece rods

I just took a trip to Colorado last week, bought a six piece Orvis Clearwater. Fits in suitcase for the plane and backpack for hiking in. I was traveling by motorcycle once I got to Colorado. It worked perfect....$250 bucks

I don't think he's looking for a flyrod.
im not but that rod hes talking about is really nice.

see, a lot of the places im forced to fish is a bit of a hike in so i gotta go compact
as possible. the new tech for multi piece rods is far better than what we were offered in yester year.
i dont need to go all out and buy top of the line at this point in my game plan. i just
need something to get by with for the moment but yet worth my purchase.

Good for you. Well mine were probably cheap ones, but I never had a problem with a one piece......Of course I've bought better equipment as I got older. I used a open face back in those days
lol i still use open faces in a lot of situations. can skip with them better than i can casters even.
but yep never had that happen. ive heard a few over the yrs that claimed it happened to them as well.
if i could get away with a 1 piece in the situation im expecting i would go for one myself but its not gonna fly
in this given situation.

lol i still use open faces in a lot of situations. can skip with them better than i can casters even.
but yep never had that happen. ive heard a few over the yrs that claimed it happened to them as well.
if i could get away with a 1 piece in the situation im expecting i would go for one myself but its not gonna fly
in this given situation.
As they say, dance with the one that brung you. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.....

Back
Top Bottom