• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

panic buying

sinac84

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
187   0
Reaction score
Just went to get gas before work (because I actually needed it, below 1/4 tank). Holy ****! People filling up gas cans like the Irma was gonna hit us first before Florida. And I know there is no way that many people need to fill up their lawn mowers all at the same time. Just stupid. Calm the F*** down people!

Rant over.

Just went to get gas before work (because I actually needed it, below 1/4 tank). Holy ****! People filling up gas cans like the Irma was gonna hit us first before Florida. And I know there is no way that many people need to fill up their lawn mowers all at the same time. Just stupid. Calm the F*** down people!

Rant over.

I stopped on my way home yesterday and there were 3 people in pick ups with a bed full of 5 gal gas cans. Why? You think they are gonna flip them? Saying this jokingly.........kinda!

Rant over.
You can see why a gun may come in handy in a panic situation!

Fools been stocking up on BS at the grocery too, fortunately most of them are dumb and left all the high quality, clean fats and protien. Sardines and canned salmon were barely touched. Alot of canned green veggies looked untouched as well. Canned tuna was somewhat pillaged. Saw all kinda people loading up with softdrinks and ramen noodles Lol. I stocked up a little, but only on stuff I woild eat normally.

But yea, they are going full retard on the gas. I sat in line for 20 minutes to get a a kroger pump.

Free tip: Fill your bathtub up before the storm and youll have several gallons of dirty water. The toilets top tank is drinkable water, if it comes to it, and you can fill gallon ziplocks and store them in a cooler or the washing machine so leaks wont be an issue.

Absolutely, people are dumb, but a person is smart, it just a storm, it's not the end of the world! I keep ten gallons of gas at all times with generators full ( I live in the country power outages are normal). Gallon of gas mixed for chain saw, that will cut a bunch of trees that are in the way.
Freezer and freg is always stocked, well water, no problem there, it has a hand pump.
Ample supply of ammo for thieves and what not.
There is no reason to panic people.

I'm in Northeast GA, all we'll get is a little wind and maybe a downed tree.... There is no need for the "panic". If you are in south GA below Macon... I could see a need to stock up but if you live in Gwinnett or Hall County or metro ATL, YOU WILL BE FINE.

At least they left me the beer and porterhouses/filets...going to watch football and play some cornhole. Filled up the tank on my way home after my last day of work. We just installed 6 2.5mw generators at work so water will be available no matter what for our counties. Gonna sit back and watch the grass grow as it rains.

Back
Top Bottom