• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

panic buying

Just went to get gas before work (because I actually needed it, below 1/4 tank). Holy ****! People filling up gas cans like the Irma was gonna hit us first before Florida. And I know there is no way that many people need to fill up their lawn mowers all at the same time. Just stupid. Calm the F*** down people!

Rant over.

No, Premium gas where I live at only regular. These people kill me but all the gas they can buy, but no food, water or anything else in case things get bad!!

Just a thought, we've all been here a while, most in Georgia and know tornados are common. Bout 15/20 years ago I was on the back porch and heard this rumbling, kinda train sounding, yea I knew what it was. Met the wife halfway across the porch and she says "there's a tornado in the neighbors yard", yea right I thought. Looked out the window and sure enough saw one of the neighbor cows go flying in the air (no bs bout 40 ft in the air). Wife and I looked at each other and down in the shelter we went. 20 minutes latter, neighbors house was gone, cows laying in the middle of the road damage all over. No power for a week. We ended up pretty good, just a few shingles missing and several downed trees. You can't prepare for something like that.
And everybody's scare of 50 mile a hour wind and rain, yea right. Like one op said, I ride faster than that (in the rain).

Just went to get gas before work (because I actually needed it, below 1/4 tank). Holy ****! People filling up gas cans like the Irma was gonna hit us first before Florida. And I know there is no way that many people need to fill up their lawn mowers all at the same time. Just stupid. Calm the F*** down people!

Rant over.
Well... With the refineries down in Houston, Colonial pipeline sometimes iffy, gas supplies being diverted to Florida and South Georgia, I can't imagine why anyone would want a little extra. JMO, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom