• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

panic buying

It is a catch 22. I don't want to get gas but since everyone is buying it up I had to get some just in case they really do run out. I hate to add to the problem but I need to be able to get to work. That's how a panic works. How do you guys store gas effectively.

Mid and Premium were out at racetrack here in Lawrenceville earlier today. the problem is that they have been shipping the refueling trucks down 75 and 95 for all the evacuees from Florida sot that's taking a toll on the stations here.

Absolutely, people are dumb, but a person is smart, it just a storm, it's not the end of the world! I keep ten gallons of gas at all times with generators full ( I live in the country power outages are normal). Gallon of gas mixed for chain saw, that will cut a bunch of trees that are in the way.
Freezer and freg is always stocked, well water, no problem there, it has a hand pump.
Ample supply of ammo for thieves and what not.
There is no reason to panic people.

Sounds like my house up here in the mountains......four wheeler is full, gens are full,I have 3 of them just in case some of my kids need one, 10 gallons extra. Steaks,shrimp,lobster tails in the freezer.......READY.................

Went by Tractor Supply today. They were totally out of generators, said they sold out yesterday.

Coming soon to a CL ad near you, "generator, never used."

I will be using this time to train my family on how to prepare. They spent the whole day cleaning there weapons, getting batteries radios and MRE's, ready. Tomm, I will have my son dig a Slit-Trench in the back of my property. I have been doing training with my family for 10 years now, it's time to show me what you have learned, my son's eyes popped out when I brought out 200 Sandbags.

there might be trees to clean up, but i bet folks with chainsaws have already (always) planned ahead. These sheeple probably do not have a days worth of food in storage

Exactly. We filled our vehicles, propane, and spare cans for chainsaw and generator DAYS ago. Extra food and water are year round supplies.
We had originally planned to evacuate to Asheville on Sunday but called it and decided to stay once the storm track shifted west.
We're expecting and prepared for high winds, heavy rain, and power loss. Bring it on. ;)

Back
Top Bottom