• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Passing a School Bus - Lesson Learned

I would imagine it was his comments that it wasn't his fault... However nothing he said suggested he got a stiffer fine because of comments he made, in fact they reduced the fine each time he asked.
im more troubled by the fact that they bothered to even bring it up or use it against him at all for a traffic fine.

what does his opinion of the matter and general query to a group of internet users have to do with anything in the case at all

its akin to character assassination if anything

im more troubled by the fact that they bothered to even bring it up or use it against him at all for a traffic fine.

what does his opinion of the matter and general query to a group of internet users have to do with anything in the case at all

its akin to character assassination if anything
Court often considered "state of mind" when considering a case. This was very public case and the DA probably had calls from the public about this case. Some would obviously be on both sides of the issue. How could he not check what was being said?

Court often considered "state of mind" when considering a case. This was very public case and the DA probably had calls from the public about this case. Some would obviously be on both sides of the issue. How could he not check what was being said?
what? how is this a very public case? he didnt hit anyone, and the only state of mind would be after the fact, its all hear-say and has little to do with the facts revolving around the traffic infraction

so again, it should be as simple as

1) did he break the law

a) no=throw out case
b) yes=move forward to 2

2) sentencing and consideration for it=was it intentional? was he dui? etc.

a) yes
b) no

3) apply appropriate legal action

i fail to see what someone elses opinion or even his own for that matter (unless it was a clear admission of something else, like he was trying to run children over) has to do with the facts here

what? how is this a very public case? he didnt hit anyone, and the only state of mind would be after the fact, its all hear-say and has little to do with the facts revolving around the traffic infraction

so again, it should be as simple as

1) did he break the law

a) no=throw out case
b) yes=move forward to 2

2) sentencing and consideration for it=was it intentional? was he dui? etc.

a) yes
b) no

3) apply appropriate legal action

i fail to see what someone elses opinion or even his own for that matter (unless it was a clear admission of something else, like he was trying to run children over) has to do with the facts here
The OP made it public with his Facebook posts. Which opened it to the public. I guess your boss wouldn't have checked every resource he had before deciding on a course of action?

I understand the Facebook thing and tying a person's comments to that because a name and pic is associated with that account but how do they know that the OP is the guy before them in court?

The OP made it public with his Facebook posts. Which opened it to the public. I guess your boss wouldn't have checked every resource he had before deciding on a course of action?
what does posting on facebook have to do with court proceedings, unless it is relevant to the case.

i dont see how him griping about it after being cited has anything to do with a traffic violation. did he admit guilt or intent to cause harm via his actions? i doubt it, if that is applicable then we should go ahead and throw out factual basis and circumstance and just rely on social media mob rule

what does posting on facebook have to do with court proceedings, unless it is relevant to the case.

i dont see how him griping about it after being cited has anything to do with a traffic violation. did he admit guilt or intent to cause harm via his actions? i doubt it, if that is applicable then we should go ahead and throw out factual basis and circumstance and just rely on social media mob rule
He stated the conditions as he saw it. He didn't just gripe, he engaged in a PUBLIC discussion that included both denial and admission that he did in fact pass the bus.
Do you really think a defense attorney wouldn't have checked public statements made by both sides?

Back
Top Bottom