• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Passing a School Bus - Lesson Learned

He stated the conditions as he saw it. He didn't just gripe, he engaged in a PUBLIC discussion that included both denial and admission that he did in fact pass the bus.
Do you really think a defense attorney wouldn't have checked public statements made by both sides?
and i say again so?

the course of action remains the same

1) did he break the law

a) no=throw out case
b) yes=move forward to 2

2) sentencing and consideration for it=was it intentional? was he dui? etc.

a) yes
b) no

3) apply appropriate legal action
his social media ventings are irrelevant to the facts

would the prosecutor use that if he had no inconsistency's with his story and wholly maintained his innocence? doubtful

and i say again so?

the course of action remains the same

his social media ventings are irrelevant to the facts

would the prosecutor use that if he had no inconsistency's with his story and wholly maintained his innocence? doubtful
Actually he would have been required to by law, if it was brought to his attention.
You sure you really work within the court system?

Actually he would have been required to by law, if it was brought to his attention.
You sure you really work within the court system?
what would be required to by law, that the prosecutor use social media postings against him in a traffic case where everything except for video evidence is basically hear say?

Thats why theres a 5th Amendment.

Anyways it was probably just a good tongue lashing since they reduced the fine.
Tongue lashing is exactly what it was. Interesting point to add is that I requested the officers dash cam video and was advised his patrol car didn't have one. I received a call from the solicitors office the day before my court date and she was watching the video as we talked on the phone so the video does exist. Either way, she was willing to work with me. She told me that she found this thread after we had spoken and gave me a tongue lashing in person. Let's just say she made me feel really tiny at that moment. I don't believe she informed the judge about it but she definitely ripped me a new one.

Tongue lashing is exactly what it was. Interesting point to add is that I requested the officers dash cam video and was advised his patrol car didn't have one. I received a call from the solicitors office the day before my court date and she was watching the video as we talked on the phone so the video does exist. Either way, she was willing to work with me. She told me that she found this thread after we had spoken and gave me a tongue lashing in person. Let's just say she made me feel really tiny at that moment. I don't believe she informed the judge about it but she definitely ripped me a new one.

Was she hot?

for what? venting?

know your place citizen

I agree. She was upset about the accusation of them setting a trap. I took the lashing humbly since she was working with me on the fine. If I would have stood my ground I likely would have paid double what I did.
funny how a fine changes with the feelings of state employees at the court. and folks wonder why court the justice system is a joke.

those people are some of the most vile i have had the displeasure of meeting

ohhh well, sorry it happened to you. lesson learned i guess though, so kill your facebook

Back
Top Bottom