• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Passing a School Bus - Lesson Learned

Haha, great advice. I hope they aren't watching, but the scuttlebutt is it may be a murder trial.
mine was for a civil suit between two companies

the younger attorney was asking all the questions. he got to me and said "did you ever do any work for anyone and not get paid"?

i said yes, to which he said "can you expand on the issue?"

my reply "id rather not discuss it with strangers"

so he said "ohh, well we can go out in the hall with the judge if you dont want to be specific here"

i got mad as hell at this, so my reply "dude, i dont know you either and all that happened was i did some work for someone's HVAC company, never got paid, and im still sore about it.....what else you need to know?"

and then i was out the door a half hour later :)

I agree. She was upset about the accusation of them setting a trap. I took the lashing humbly since she was working with me on the fine. If I would have stood my ground I likely would have paid double what I did.

So you sold yourself out? :tsk:

LOL! Just kidding.

so being critical of questionable law enforcement practice should result in higher fines/court action?

thats not the point of the justice system at all
You are correct, the point is to change unwanted or unsafe behavior. Just cause you dont like it doesnt make it questionable. In all honesty how many people say"yeah i was wrong but what about......" always a way to deflect blame

You are correct, the point is to change unwanted or unsafe behavior. Just cause you dont like it doesnt make it questionable. In all honesty how many people say"yeah i was wrong but what about......" always a way to deflect blame
no, the justice system simply adheres to the law and administers a judgement after an individual has been formally accused of breaking the law.

the law created by the elected gov is what is there to change unwanted or unsafe behavior.

and yes, it absolutely is questionable since im obviously not the only one who takes issue with how law enforcement is used in this country

no, the justice system simply adheres to the law and administers a judgement after an individual has been formally accused of breaking the law.

the law created by the elected gov is what is there to change unwanted or unsafe behavior.

and yes, it absolutely is questionable since im obviously not the only one who takes issue with how law enforcement is used in this country
Are you in favor of no discretion in sentencing and likewise that remorse should not play into it?

Are you in favor of no discretion in sentencing and likewise that remorse should not play into it?
this is a traffic infraction, not a rape or murder trial

i am baffled and troubled by the fact that a court or any tax payer funded court employee would take into consideration the internet ventings of someone who got a ticket they believed to be crap for the sole purpose of threatening further action because of it

this is a traffic infraction, not a rape or murder trial

i am baffled and troubled by the fact that a court or any tax payer funded court employee would take into consideration the internet ventings of someone who got a ticket they believed to be crap for the sole purpose of threatening further action because of it
Hypothetical:
Guy1 female dogs on facebook about getting ticketed by "the man" (Passing school bus, speeding, DUI, pick your poison). He complains he's the "victim" and shows absolutely zero remorse for his actions. Maybe he even admits to doing it prior and gets so defiant he proclaims he has no intention to stop doing and just wants advice on any 'technicalities' to eliminate or reduce his fine.
Guy2 gets ticketed for same thing and gets on fb and says "I screwed up, totally my fault. Y'all be careful out there. As a father, I can't believe I did that. Sure won't be doing it again."

A sentence and/or fine is supposed to be a deterrent. You believe Guy1 and Guy2 should get the same court ordered deterrent?

Back
Top Bottom