• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Passing a School Bus - Lesson Learned

never ran one , but a $1000 fine ? that's just wild .

It's for the children.

Many many years ago I was on a bus to go home. Well, you just looked both ways and that's all there was to it. Sometimes people ran 'em sometimes they didn't. Common Sense says if you see a car coming get out of the way, but I guess Common Core doesn't teach Common Sense.

It's for the children.

Many many years ago I was on a bus to go home. Well, you just looked both ways and that's all there was to it. Sometimes people ran 'em sometimes they didn't. Common Sense says if you see a car coming get out of the way, but I guess Common Core doesn't teach Common Sense.

Seriously though... it's like pedestrians in cities - they'll dart out in front of a car and make the driver slam on the brakes and then say "well, pedestrians have the right of way." Well, murder is illegal too - doesn't mean it won't happen when you're complacent.

Wow. This is actually a case of for the children and people saying passing a school bus is no big deal. Hit my kid passing a bus and it will be the last thing you ever do....
Seriously? I don't think anyone here has said anything about passing a bus being no big deal. Get off your high horse.

Seriously though... it's like pedestrians in cities - they'll dart out in front of a car and make the driver slam on the brakes and then say "well, pedestrians have the right of way." Well, murder is illegal too - doesn't mean it won't happen when you're complacent.
ya for real

state traffic laws do not trump the law of physics

i never understood that stop for pedestrians waiting to enter a crosswalk. they should wait till traffic is clear and then proceed like i learned growing up. look both ways, wait till it is clear, proceed.

even if the car in front of you stops to let you go the guy behind them could hit them from behind forcing the front car into the pedestrian. i would wait a foot away from the curb myself and then walk when it is free and clear

Back
Top Bottom