• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Patterned the turkey gun today

Adamjen15 Adamjen15 , I will make you a good deal on my Jeb’s .655 if you are looking for another choke tube. It patterned the Longbeard XR’s and Hevi’s really well out of my CZ.
It has the Beretta/Benelli Mobil threads?
I just got my fiocchi golden turkeys in the mail today. Have got a chance to pattern them yet. 3.5 inch 2 3/8 oz number 5s

I shoot a 20ga with 3” heavy shot or tss loads, and it patterns better than any 3-1/2” shell I’ve ever shot out of my 12. When TSS it was developed for shooting out of a 2-3/4” shell to have better results than a 3-1/2” shell. I think the 3-1/2” shell has to much powder for these loads, and destroys some of its potential. I understand the marketing around it, but you don’t it. I know my shoulder doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a good full choke standard bird shot will kill a turkey graveyard dead at 30 yards. I've seen it. I would rather use a real turkey load, but $5-$10 a shot is ridiculous.

I'm using Federal premium Grand Slam #5...2 3/4" shells. They were left over from last year when I was using an old 1100 that was chambered for 2 3/4"...These rounds pattern excellent at 40 yards. This year I'm shooting a 22" barrel with a full choke.

Back
Top Bottom