• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Patterned the turkey gun today

Has anyone thought about a choke exchange? You know, those we purchase but didn't do well with our shells allow another to try it out instead of buying all these different chokes? I use an 870 express and have three chokes to try but would enjoy testing others. Just an idea.....

Has anyone thought about a choke exchange? You know, those we purchase but didn't do well with our shells allow another to try it out instead of buying all these different chokes? I use an 870 express and have three chokes to try but would enjoy testing others. Just an idea.....
Start a FT listing. Choke for choke only. I could see issues where choke value can vary pretty widely. Those flippers gonna wanna trade some $10 air soft chokes for the fancy $100 ones, then you’ll see them listed for sale only later in the week. Haha.

I was thinking along the lines of just trying it, if it works you return it and now you know what choke to purchase, thus eliminating the expense of buy a bunch of expensive chokes......

I was thinking along the lines of just trying it, if it works you return it and now you know what choke to purchase, thus eliminating the expense of buy a bunch of expensive chokes......
I think that would be a good idea. That way you don’t have drop all that money on a choke unless you know it will work.

Then someone has to pony up and buy a ton of chokes. Do you keep credit card info on file if they don’t return the choke? What are the terms of the loan? Tester pays shipping, plus a rental fee, then returns it before two weeks? Just seems like too much overhead and risk on part of the proprietor, plus chokes really aren’t that much, and they make specialty chokes for heavy shot, TSS, longbeard XR, etc. so it really isn’t that hard or expensive to get a choke that throws an acceptable pattern for a particular gun/load/choke combo.

Im playing devils advocate here, if you have ideas on how it would work let’s hear them.

I think it is being over complicated chrislibby88, anyone who has chokes they purchased but don't like would simply share them with other members to try, if the gun patterns well with the choke, you can either purchase it if the owner wishes to sell it, or you go buy a new one, if I want to send one out, then on the honor system it is returned after an agreed period of time, tester pays shipping both ways. Most people I think have turkey chokes that didn't perform as expected and I have faith most people will be honorable and return the test choke.

Back
Top Bottom