• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Patterned the turkey killers today.

Talked to a buddy at work about the .410 and your post and he said he is taking his boys out with the same load in .410 as well. Whoda thunk it? With magnum mania gripping the gun community for the past century it just sounds crazy using a .410 to kill turkeys.

I think it's awesome and I hope you guys bag you limit! I believe in wringing out a gun/load for performance and results and not just relying on hyperbole and rumor mill. You've done you research and it paid off. You got me wanting to dust off the kids .410 and go try it out!

Thanks.
The .410 TSS did pretty good in an older Revelation shotgun, but the choke is either a Mod or Full. It wasn’t near as good as the Stevens 310, but it was putting a nice pattern up at 25 yards. @SumToy could handle converting a run of the mill .410 into a turkey killing machine if you wanted to go that route with one.
I’m still working on the 1187, although I’m quite pleased with the performance of the Longbeard XR loads. Ive been a huge fan of the heavier than lead loads ever since their inception and would rather use them if I had the choice. I finally found some TSS #7’s for my 1187 and I should have some results posted up tomorrow after I pattern them.

The TSS didn’t do as well with the choke that’s in my gun. I’ll be starting out with the Longbeard XR loads and looking for another choke that agrees with the TSS.

Back
Top Bottom