• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Paul Allen's team finds Japanese carriers Kaga and Akagi near Midway Island

Rear Adm. Brian P Fort, commander, Naval Forces Japan, said in a statement, “On the occasion of the discovery of the Kaga, we send our thoughts and prayers to our trusted and valued friends in Japan. The terrible price of war in the Pacific was felt by all our navies. From that painful lesson, we have become the closest of allies and friends committed to maintaining a free and open Indo-Pacific.”

I think the Rear Adm.'s statement is out of line and in very poor taste. The sailors manning those Jap ships were our enemies and servants of a most despicable and murderous regime. It's interesting that the technology exists to locate these relics, but sentiments about "allies" need to be measured. No one that has any familiarity at all with FEPOWS would deny this.
I agree and that goes for all wars.

If you like this type of story - then watch The Lost Fleet of Guadalcanal. George HW Bush does the intro.

In it you'll see American and Japanese sailors who were in the battle, come together (in 1993) and exchange their stories and look forward to seeing their ships once again. They both say the war years are behind them and what they did then was part of the war. They want to move on from it now. While they both feel a great loss for their shipmates that didn't make it home from the battle, they don't blame the other for it.

I bought the dvd back then and have watched it several times over the years. It's a great show...

If you like this type of story - then watch The Lost Fleet of Guadalcanal. George HW Bush does the intro.

In it you'll see American and Japanese sailors who were in the battle, come together (in 1993) and exchange their stories and look forward to seeing their ships once again. They both say the war years are behind them and what they did then was part of the war. They want to move on from it now. While they both feel a great loss for their shipmates that didn't make it home from the battle, they don't blame the other for it.

I bought the dvd back then and have watched it several times over the years. It's a great show...

My dad was a lieutenant in the Afrika Corps under Rommel's command, his best friend was US army in Korea, our next door neighbor was Japanese Imperial navy, and several houses down another neighbor was US army D-Day landing. They had no problem helping each other with whatever needed to be done and getting together grilling steaks and drinking a few cold ones. All hated the war and were following orders period end of story.

Too bad Allen is such a hypocritical scumbag.

He donated millions to Bloomberg's 'universal' background check push a few years back, even though he has a museum full of planes, tanks and machine guns himself.

Back
Top Bottom