• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pay for the transfer, BOS do nothing

Another whine and dine post!!!! I don't mind showing my ccl, or dl. But I do have an aversion to them recording the info. Wanna come steal it back? Let me know what your expect in advance. Not at pickup site, I will decide if I want to do a sale/trade with you
and that is the issue, i don't mind showing ID but bos implies recording information and that is not going to happen unless you are an ffl. i'm not giving my personal information to someone i don't know. for the same reason you aren't inviting me to your house, allowing me to record your license plate and take a picture of you holding the weapon.

but it's perfectly ok for you to ridicule those with whom you disagree? I agree...but there are staidly rigid purists who just have to spout off and then mouth off at anyone that wants a BOS with THEIR reasoning. Don't matter...I've already made note of them that I'll never sell or trade with them
So what happens when you show an atf guy several BOS you've collected over the last few months. Talk about self incriminatinto evidence.
For starters, I'm not showing crap to nobody without a warrant. Secondly, how is a bill of sale 'incriminating?' That's just nonsense.

:lol: at this thread. I was thinking, "Wow, this has to be the longest gap between BOS threads", but I was away for several weeks so I probably missed one. Anyway, it's nice to be able to count on some constants in life.

I actually did a few BOS's many moons ago without fully thinking about why. Today, about the only thing I may do if I sold a gun I had purchased through an FFL is make a note of the screen name. In the 1 in ten million chance LEO came asking questions, I'd tell them what I know. "I sold it to 'UserX'". I bet more than half the people I 'know' from here, I don't even know their real name. They may have told me what it is, but I just associate people with their user names so real names quickly get forgotten.

If someone demands ANY of my personal information, including my name, in order to do business, I just keep on scrolling, UNLESS it's a brand new member. Since there is so much incorrect information out there, I try and at least shorten their learning curve. I've PM'd a new member once who had something I was interested in and politely explained that his BOS was not only not a legal requirement, it was pointless and will turn off potential buyers, but that he was absolutely more than free to place any requirements on transactions he saw fit. I also told him others will have a 180 different OPINION than that. After a few questions he was more than happy to not require any arbitrary information for his sale.
I also have zero problem meeting at an FFL and letting the other party pay for any fees. I'm not a felon but I also understand why some people, who are also not felons, want to avoid it all costs. Don't blame them one bit.

What I'm not OK with is giving ANY of my private information to strangers I 'met' on the internet. We all make our decisions about risk and reward. I've never needed any gun that bad.

For starters, I'm not showing crap to nobody without a warrant. Secondly, how is a bill of sale 'incriminating?' That's just nonsense.
Well if you have a stack of them chin high and it covers the last year that might raise a few eyebrows. ;)

Back
Top Bottom