• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Pay for the transfer, BOS do nothing

I usually just scroll past an item I was interested in when it has a bos. I don't mind flashing my gwl to put someone at ease, but I'm not giving a private party from the internet my info and address. Sorry, I'd just go to an ffl for that. Plus the prices here on for new and used from people have been ridiculous, so I did go to a lgs for something I wanted.

I just move on past those ads. If it was something I really wanted, might PM the seller and say I'd flash my DL/WCL and see if that would be enough (they'd have to do the same). However not agreeing to any photos, copies or giving signed documents that include personal info to some stranger on here. I'll buy it in the store at that point.

As a seller, I just ask the basic questions and if they have a history here, seem fine, then I'd sell to them. Might ask them to hold up a license if they are a newish member, but no bill-o-sail would be required. It doesn't really do or guarantee anything in my opinion. If you're not comfortable with the buyer, then don't sell to them.

Exactly. If someone puts in their ad that they want a BOS, it's just another condition I take into account. No different than 'meet near me' or 'trades must be in my favor'.

I don't know why anyone is getting butthurt about folks that ask for one. As long as they don't spring it on you last-minute it's not a huge problem to deal with, and if they tried that I would consider it a no-show and probably neg them since they tried to change the agreement at the last second.

Because they want to show us just how much of a badass constitutionalist they are and how everyone is else is a “closet liberal” cuck. Welcome to the internet.

I used to use AL and meeting at the police station was a requirement it cut down the sketchy types.
I 100% agree. One time a 27-2 came up on armslist...just knew it was a scam. Msg dude and he replies right back can I meet at the Police station. Bought the pistol the next day in the police parking lot. Wanted to leave him feedback...but armslist. Lol

Not surprising the BOS champion dedicates so many post in a thread to telling everyone how much he isn't going to trade with anyone that he deems "a purist". BOS, no BOS, who cares. You don't have to come on here and defend your conditions anymore than the guy that craps on your conditions. Geez, it's like Captain Save a BOS. Who cares!

Does Feedback scores mean anything anymore?? I'm probably very naive for it but there are some members with feedback scores that I'd probably sell to on layaway and people arguing about BOS...

Nuts meme - Copy.png

I think it's nice to see a BOS debate. Haven't seen one in a while. They used to be a real regular thing. It does seem like there are a lot more BOS required sales than there used to be.

Most sellers are pretty cool with me when I say what I'm willing to do for a purchase. Some have gone from GWL and BOS required to "eh, ok, a handshake will work". If you're respectful and clear (and have plenty of good feedback) it's not a problem.

To the ones here who aren't getting a reply from me, it means I've already put you on ignore and don't care what you say...
Well damn, that works both ways. If you cannot respect someone's opinion, don't expect them to respect yours. If you want to put me on your ignore list, no skin off my nose. Just let me know so I can return the favor.

Back
Top Bottom