• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

pay pal

Paypal is same a cash... if not better, it saves you a trip to the ATM...
All you have to do is Accept Payment as Friends and Family, Money will be recieved instantly,
Then transfer the funds immediately over to your debit card ($.25 service charge) within 5 mintues you will have the Money in your account. :thumb:

Done this Many Times, never had a single Issue... Once the Money is in your Account, there is nothing the buyer can do. They have no protection, due to it being a "Gift" according to Paypal....

Ok, I'm a huge paypal/eBay guy. I've done about half a dozen paypal deals on the ODT as the buyer. I'm married and my eBay/Paypal account is my "me money" that my wife has no say in. A few times I used my PP because I simply just didn't want to be given the stink eye for that magazine/ar furniture/ammo/etc. However, I've never been the seller on the ODT from someone wanting to use paypal but I wouldn't hesitate as long as they had 10+ feedback and have been around.
For all the people worried a buyer will send cash then issue a retract, paypal is really good at tracking that kind of abuse.

Half the time I will have the money in my hand and still use PayPal BECAUSE of their anti gun policy. It's my way of saying screw y'all. But, it is always when paying my brother and have never done a large transaction w/ a stranger...

If he is paying you then I don't see a problem. Wait until he sends the money and you request it, shift funds into your wallet and then withdrawal the funds and put that amount onto your card, checking account or savings or whatever. Then go to the bank and get the cash in hand and then and only then ship your item. Now it is instant so depending on how long it takes to get to your bank you should be able to get your hands on the money within 15 minutes. I am assuming here you can get to your bank within 15 minutes.

Under no circumstances should you ship an high price item until the cash is in your possession or in another account that paypal doesn't have on file. Immediately move the cash to a different account. That will stop paypal from having access to the money if some jack wagon tells him to reverse the transfer or it was fraudulent to cancel the transaction.

I you are on the paying end I would meet up do a FTF and swap the old fashion way. I never hurts to be to careful these days.

He might be using a Credit Card so I can understand that just still move funds around so no one has access to those funds but you.

If paypal was like it use to be and you had to wait days to have access the funds then I would be a little reserved. However, now that it is instantaneous i you are the payee then I don't see a problem.

Back
Top Bottom