• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Paying a grand for a blow back PCC?

Wolf six

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
107   0
Reaction score
How can you justify paying a grand for a straight blow back that doesn't suppress well? It makes no sense that people will buy EVO's or B&T pistols that cost an arm and a leg but dont offer any advantage over a highpoint carbine or a marlin camp 9

How can you justify paying a grand for a straight blow back that doesn't suppress well? It makes no sense that people will buy EVO's or B&T pistols that cost an arm and a leg but dont offer any advantage over a highpoint carbine or a marlin camp 9

I am new to the SBR and suppressor world and trying to learn. Why are straight blow back designs bad for supressed use? What designs are better and why?

All I know from my limited experience with my own stuff is shooting my bolt guns with a suppressor is pure sex compared to any semi-auto.

Being a big fan of the PCC I splurged and bought the TNW Aero Survival Rifle in 9mm from CG&P used for a lot less than retail.

I just can't see spending any more money on that for a PCC.

Anyone besides the HK design use an operation other than the delayed roller lock system?

1.bp.blogspot.com__59GYpEVAu0U_TG4hGWcLdiI_AAAAAAAAAbg_wkocXHle9Qk_s400_roller1.jpg

i117.photobucket.com_albums_o50_fordmodeloa_roldelboltanirollerdelayedblowbackHKMP5G3.gif

I've got a PCC (pistol caliber carbine) in 9mm that is blowback. Here is what I did to make it better running both suppressed/unsuppressed and also reduce recoil. Quick info, PSA 16" upper with hybrid bolt on RRG Glock mag lower. I changed the recoil buffer to an 8oz 9mm version and added a 308 carbine recoil spring. The lock time has been increased and it also reduces the gas in the face. Runs like a champ with 147gr ammo and a TiRant45.

Folks, if it's blowback operated, only a spring and the mass of the bolt is holding it closed. They spit fire into lefty's faces at the best of times. Put a suppressor on there, and the extra back pressure may make the cases swell, even more fire come out the ejection port, or malfunctions. My guess anyway.

Back
Top Bottom