• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Paying a grand for a blow back PCC?

I've got a select-fire Colt 9mm SMG that's blowback operated. I have a lot of fun with it, it is what it is. A 10", select-fire, 9mm I get. Semi-auto, or a barrel significantly longer than that, and I don't get it. I'll just go with 5.56 and be able to punch holes in body armor and the like. But I'm all for folks scratchin' their gun-related itch, whatever it may be.

I also have a 10" .357SIG blowback upper for it. That look a little doing, and it did require a heavy buffer spring and very heavy custom-made buffer. But, a 6rd burst of 125grn Speer Gold Dots at CQB range is a definite attention getter.

How can you justify paying a grand for a straight blow back that doesn't suppress well? It makes no sense that people will buy EVO's or B&T pistols that cost an arm and a leg but dont offer any advantage over a highpoint carbine or a marlin camp 9
Have you shot a Scorpion suppressed? It's a killer suppressed platform. ZERO gas to face and quiet.

It doesn't need a complicated roller lock. The bolt is heavy as heck and provides all the lock time the gun needs.

IMG_0111.JPG

I just don't see any reason for a carbine length pistol...Not when I can use a rifle round. If it isn't short barreled, what's the point? Cheaper practice? I guess that's one reason.

Oh, but I agree most PCC's are way overpriced and overrated, IMO. Supply and demand...I understand the MP5's are few in the states and command a premium price, but the knock off clones for $1500-$2000? No thanks.

I don't lump the MPX into this category, but they are still way overpriced, nonetheless. Again, demand dictates these things. I admit that I would love to have one.

I just don't see any reason for a carbine length pistol...Not when I can use a rifle round. If it isn't short barreled, what's the point? Cheaper practice? I guess that's one reason.
The biggest market is for gun-gaming. Uspsa and the like.

Don't have to deal with ATF forms to transport state to state... no tax stamp. Etc.

For general home defense purposes.., I agree 100%. A 16" PCC is pretty worthless.

An SBR that folds up and goes in a backpack however... fairly practical I think.

The biggest market is for gun-gaming. Uspsa and the like.

Don't have to deal with ATF forms to transport state to state... no tax stamp. Etc.

For general home defense purposes.., I agree 100%. A 16" PCC is pretty worthless.

An SBR that folds up and goes in a backpack however... fairly practical I think.

Yeah I don't compete USPSA so I didn't consider that. Makes sense.

Short barreled, suppressed makes an attractive home defense set up, I agree. That's the best reason for owning one,IMO.

Short barreled SBR's that fold up or break down can also be had in rifle rounds. Even more practical for me. Just my preference.

Back
Top Bottom