• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Payoff the Mortgage or Invest?

Article also points out that’s assuming no fees

And most stock market investments are eat up with fees
No fees if you invest direct

Duke energy has a direct shareholder relationship unlike companies like mcdonalds that requires you to use a 3rd party brokerage (they use computershare i think which sucks ass)

No fees if you invest direct

Duke energy has a direct shareholder relationship unlike companies like mcdonalds that requires you to use a 3rd party brokerage (they use computershare i think which sucks ass)
I actually like Computershare and they are the administrator for about a dozen or so of my DRIPs/DSPPs. Many of the companies you can invest in pay the associated purchase and reinvestment fees. Others do charge a fee which Computershare passes on to the shareholder but it's usually nominal.

I actually like Computershare and they are the administrator for about a dozen or so of my DRIPs/DSPPs. Many of the companies you can invest in pay the associated purchase and reinvestment fees. Others do charge a fee which Computershare passes on to the shareholder but it's usually nominal.
Its not alot im sure but it does keep me away from companies like Johnson and Johnson unfortunately

I should be use to paying premiums on investments but I still cringe at the thought

Computer share runs 25 dollar base fee then i think 10cents for every share; not bad at all but if you are directing sub $5000 it will hit harder.

Its not alot im sure but it does keep me away from companies like Johnson and Johnson unfortunately

I should be use to paying premiums on investments but I still cringe at the thought

Computer share runs 25 dollar base fee then i think 10cents for every share; not bad at all but if you are directing sub $5000 it will hit harder.

Yep the fees will vary based on the company. You can filter out the companies that charge a fee. Currently there are 158 companies administered by Computershare that don't charge a fee. There are a few big notable names like Exxon and Goldman Sachs in that list but most are small and midcap companies.

Personally these days I'll leave the individual stock picking to you young bucks and other cowboys. I'm sticking with boring old index based mutuals funds lol

Back
Top Bottom