• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PCC (pistol caliber carbine) and the right size??

Yes it is Shot Show 2021 will be starting in a week. All visual on line of course. Told the wife last week I was going to start selling off the collection and just buy a few top tier handguns, rifle shotgun. What is stupid is that out of all the weapons I own, I shoot the same five or six over and over.
SHOT is cancelled.

I guess it depends on your intended purpose. There are plenty of times a 9mm will suffice, and having a rifle round won't make any difference at all. Other times rifle ballistics could be the deciding factor between success and failure. PCC's have their niche. They don't have to be the "best" at everything to be a valid option for many situations. Also, don't forget that they are just fun as hell. That's a good enough reason to own one.

I have an akv, super fun to shoot, it is a bit on the heavy side for a backpack gun, for me that is.
I just got an ARV as well, still waiting on some parts and pieces to get it how I want it, it is super light, takes scorpion mags, which I have a lot of.
ill post a pic when I get it up and going

Yes it is Shot Show 2021 will be starting in a week. All visual on line of course. Told the wife last week I was going to start selling off the collection and just buy a few top tier handguns, rifle shotgun. What is stupid is that out of all the weapons I own, I shoot the same five or six over and over.

Same here. I always shoot a select few. I wouldn’t miss the others. I’m definitely consolidating. Owning less stuff seems to be the ticket!

PCC are underpowered.
I think the main considerations would be size and weight.
If you have a safe full of ARs, AKs, etc it is nice to have some variety.
Maybe something iconic like an MP5 or Uzi.
Sig Copper Head/MPX are one of the best modern PCCs.

Is there such a thing and I guess everyone has different preferences. I have been trying to figure out if smaller is better. At some point isn’t it best to just use a Glock?? I want concealability, light weight, big magazine capacity and comfortable ergonomics. Here are two I have and shooting both is a blast. The PSA AKV that has shocked me with its quality and a Sig copperhead. No question the Sig is well built and is tiny. The AKV could just as well be 7.62x39 or 5.56 based on its size. What do you look for in a PCC?
View attachment 3029182 View attachment 3029183
I think we are at the place where 'run what you brung' is the rule.

Where are you going to buy the gun or the bullets in todays market?

Back
Top Bottom