• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PCC (pistol caliber carbine) and the right size??

Kman

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Trying to escape from Atlanta!!
279   0
Reaction score
Is there such a thing and I guess everyone has different preferences. I have been trying to figure out if smaller is better. At some point isn’t it best to just use a Glock?? I want concealability, light weight, big magazine capacity and comfortable ergonomics. Here are two I have and shooting both is a blast. The PSA AKV that has shocked me with its quality and a Sig copperhead. No question the Sig is well built and is tiny. The AKV could just as well be 7.62x39 or 5.56 based on its size. What do you look for in a PCC?
D83C5F3A-9FD1-4F3D-B9F2-4D9490DCA873.jpeg
88ABAF94-008B-4100-91AF-48A21BC4E392.jpeg

If want want something rifle size, I want rifle ballistics.

I'm not overly drawn to a pcc. For much of what you mention. Something small and compact is a must. And a barrel length 8 inches and under, where many rifle rounds simply don't perform well. And it must run 147 grain subsonic ammo flawlessly. More than likely, it will be carried in a backpack, so I like a collapsable stock over a folding stock to keep the bulk down.

For the most part, I don't see much of a "need" for a pcc. But they are fun and ammo has historically been cheaper than any type of rifle ammo.

If want want something rifle size, I want rifle ballistics.

I'm not overly drawn to a pcc. For much of what you mention. Something small and compact is a must. And a barrel length 8 inches and under, where many rifle rounds simply don't perform well. And it must run 147 grain subsonic ammo flawlessly. More than likely, it will be carried in a backpack, so I like a collapsable stock over a folding stock to keep the bulk down.

For the most part, I don't see much of a "need" for a pcc. But they are fun and ammo has historically been cheaper than any type of rifle ammo.

I’m starting to think the same. I want a rifle round if the firearm is rifle size. I think a Glock suites the role of small, compact and high capacity. I’m definitely going to consolidate some stuff in the near future.

I'm doing research on pcc's and its so hard to narrow it down. For suppressor I'd go with the scorpion for little to no blow back in the face but the copper head and mpx k are great too. If the bren 2 would fit in a book bag it would be my next addition.

The Ruger PCC 9mm allows use of both Glock DS 9mm and Ruger DS 9mm depending on the magazine insert. If you own a Glock 19 and a Ruger SR9 and plenty of mags including happy sticks for each, you are more than set.

I’m starting to think the same. I want a rifle round if the firearm is rifle size. I think a Glock suites the role of small, compact and high capacity. I’m definitely going to consolidate some stuff in the near future.
Thinking the same thing. Have a akv and a ar9 with 5 in barrel. Thinking I should have got the ak pistol instead of the akv. But I have the ak 103. Then I started looking at the recover tactical brace for a Glock handgun. I just have to learn to be satisfied and stop going for every new thing that pops up.

Thinking the same thing. Have a akv and a ar9 with 5 in barrel. Thinking I should have got the ak pistol instead of the akv. But I have the ak 103. Then I started looking at the recover tactical brace for a Glock handgun. I just have to learn to be satisfied and stop going for every new thing that pops up.
Lol! You’re not kidding!! To much stuff out there and new designs always in the works.

Lol! You’re not kidding!! To much stuff out there and new designs always in the works.
Yes it is Shot Show 2021 will be starting in a week. All visual on line of course. Told the wife last week I was going to start selling off the collection and just buy a few top tier handguns, rifle shotgun. What is stupid is that out of all the weapons I own, I shoot the same five or six over and over.

Back
Top Bottom